More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Two TeamRedMiner in one rig (ETH & RVN)

Hi!

I need to run 2 instances of TRM in my rig, one mining ETH and the other with RVN.

I have a vega 56 card and two rx570 (4gb). And this TRM is the best in both cases for my current config. So i tried so run two instances but i cant. I also tried to run diferents versions of the miner by the custom miner option but that also dosent work.

Can someone have some solution to this?

Thank to all.

From the box two instances of the same miner not supported.
There is way:

• TRM as built-in miner + TRM as custom miner package (see how to cook it on forum or/and read here)
  • TRM for Ravencoin + other miner for Ethash
1 Like

I have tried to cook up a custom TRM miner a few times now by coping the existing TRM and changing all references in the files to teamredminer2 but it never shows up as an option in hive?

It would be AMAZING if someone could cook up some working custom TRM miner templates (I need to run 3x TRM on the rig ideally, ETH, ERGO and RVN). I am not the only one with this issue either, lots of guys with mixed AMD rigs have this issue.

As it is, I am forced to run a separate windows machine for ergo / ETH and as we all know, stability is a big issue.

And yes, I have tried using other miners, they simply don’t come close to TRM for older AMD cards.

Yeah that sucks. I have a workaround, is working fine. For now.

All you need to do is access to the rig by the shellbok, next download the last version of TRM on github.

After that you will need change the “start_xxx.sh” (xxx is the algorithm) file for your config. AKA: wallet, poool, working devices (<- importart!!(index)), etc.

And finally run a “screen” and the miner in that “screen”.

So basically you are running a separate instance of TRM but it will not be tracked by he hive dashboard?

I have considered doing this as well but then it becomes really hard to manage and keep up with it. I suppose you could setup the TRM watchdog script though to restart the system if an issue is detected?

Do you know of a way to easily automate the starting of this second miner after a reboot?

Yeah that’s right. Is not tracked by HiveOS. Only the remperatures and fans.

BUT, the fan controller worked with the gpus, so you can control it.

The watchdog dodn’t work at all and, in the reboots the screen dont start by himself.

Yeah, the not starting by itself was my biggest issue with it, kinda defeats the purpose if it reboots due to an issue and the miner doesn’t start.

There must be some form of startup script in hive, just no idea where it is.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.