More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Two 3080's on same rig, different performance (plenty of power)

I have two 3080’s on the same rig that are seeing different results. One is powered by an ATX EVGA psu using two 8 pin connectors to the Y NVIDIA splitter and the other is connected via a HP server psu breakout board using two 6pin to 8pin cables to the Y NVIDIA splitter. The card hashing lower is connected to the HP PSU.

OC’s are mirrored to both cards. What am I missing? New mboard, updated bios, risers are new and properly powered. No other issues. Card just hashes a little lower. Doesn’t seem to be silicon lottery related. All cards are brand new.

all your clocks need help, but for the 3080s change -200 to 1080mhz, remove power limit and set fan to 100%. the one is thermal throttling but those settings should help

ok set, 2nd 3080 is now at 98… reboot required.

The values were taken from the top most suggested preset within hiveos oc’s. What should others be if you don’t mind answering… thank you!

yeah those settings are just what most people are using, not whats best always. looks like you have autofan keeping the fan from maxing out, you can turn autofan off tho and then you should be able to bump up the 3080s memory as well

you need to set your core voltages, as low as is stable, for all the amd cards. and find the lowest core clock that gives full hashrate, my reference 6900xt does fine at 1250mhz core for example, you can also set and find the lowest stable voltage for mem controller and mem voltage

thanks. appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.