More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Trouble using 2 PSU and AMD + Nvidia cards

Hi, just bought a HP PSU 1200W to run more than 6 GPU on my mining rig, I struggled to boot the mining rig with 2 PSU until I disable CSM in my bios (B450 mobo) so now it booted, now my problem is that I have many invalid shares with 9 GPUs (havent changed the OC that worked fine before) and my AMD card (RX5500XT) wont mine, it shows up in the list, I can overclock it but the bios version says xxx-xxx-xxx and it wont mine, plus the rig is crashing sometimes I think cuz the hashrate disappears after some minutes.

All help is welcome, thank you.

Got 8 Go of RAM btw

Here is an overview of the RIG if you need some info

1 Like

Gigabyte frequently hides the BIOS versions on their GPUs.

I have found my 5500XT will create rig issues at 990 memory clock. Even though it will support being clocked up to 990 AFTER fully booting and stabilizing.

Suggestion:
Back it off <940

fwiw: I don’t run any of the voltage limits on mine since it is so low anyway.

1 Like

Thanks I will try that, went back to t rex miner i will put the amd later, invalid shares disappeared with t rex miner, hope they will work well together on phoenix miner

I would run T-Rex and Team Red Miner in my all my mixed rigs, and I do.
Image 12-18-21 at 7.14 PM

1 Like

I did everything you said and I gotta you are good, my RIG went stable right after your settings, my GPU is now recognized and doesnt do anymore compatibility issues with other GPUs, rig started slowly but all the hashrate is now here, mining on team red miner and t rex miner, hope this topic will help other mining beginners like me, Kudos Grea !

By the way the rx 5500 xt gives a lot of invalid shares, OC 1050 , 940 and already 8 invalid shares in less than a hour, have an idea how to fix this ? Thx

That invalid rate is too high, back it down a bit further in overclocks to test.

Have you tried to let it run without any over clocks? 24MH/s or so if I remember correctly. Watch the temps, better to run the fan’s fixed&high while still tuning your GPUs.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.