More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

[TRM] RX 480 core undervolt not applying

Hi, I am quite small scale so I want to be as efficient as I can be. I recently got a pair of RX 480’s (reference style PowerColor&Sapphire) to go alongside my RX 580 and RX 5700 XT.

I BIOS modded with no problem, I can achieve 33.5MH/s without any notable invalid shares if I raise the core clocks, But I am not so happy with the power draw at that level so I’ve dropped the cores back to 1100Mhz. I am hoping if anybody can help me get the core undervolts to apply I can get similar efficiency to my RX 580.

I did try Phoenix miner but the power draw was higher, as was the error rate.

Here are screenshots from RBE, memory straps are the only thing I have changed, if somebody more knowledgeable has any pointers to lower power draw that would be great!

Okay, a update for anybody seeing this in future. I’ve had a play around with RBE, I’m no expert so do this at you’re own risk!! currently seeing savings of 60W at the wall. I will run for 24hr for stability before raising core for 33MH/s

I have eight of these RX 480s myself and I’ve been looking for a way to get the core voltage under a thousand as I think the power draw is kind of crazy and also the cards run extremely hot and at certain points a thermal throttle and overheat. Did you find your solution to be stable?

What you have done in RBE is correct way of lowering GPU core voltage. Only need to do 1145 and above since we clock these cards are 1200 - 1275 for good hasing. Also look at Aggressive Undervolting in the Overclocking page.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.