More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

TONCOIN Thread - What is it, how to mine, how to OC, how to exchange

Hello dear fellow GPU-Heads :wink:

I would like to open a TONCOIN contribution here. In my opinion, TON is a far underrated coin. After what is currently possible to research about TON on the Internet, I came to the decision to switch my rigs from ETH to TON. After I had already changed a rig last week and was very satisfied with the result, as the yield was much higher than at ETH at the moment, I’ll be changing everything tomorrow. Today I use the time to dust off the rigs and check all cables and plug connections, etc. :sweat_smile:

What is TON?

TON is a third-generation proof-of-stake blockchain designed in 2018 by the Durov brothers, the founders of Telegram Messenger. Later, it was handed over to the open TON Community, which has been supporting and developing it ever since. TON was designed for lightning-fast transactions. It’s ultra-cheap, user-friendly, and fully operational. [Source: The Open Network]

TONCOIN Thread Trenner

How can I mine TON?

It’s very easy in HiveOS. First of all, of course, you need a corresponding wallet: I use this WebWallet with a Chrome extension and on the iPhone with the corresponding app. You have to register your wallet adress at Telegram with the Bot.

Then create a new flightsheet in HiveOS. The coin is TON, select your wallet and, for example, the Whaleston pool. As a miner you take the latest version of the lolminer, which is able to mine sha256-ton.

TONCOIN Thread Trenner

What are the OC settings for TON?

We are currently still trying it out … I personally only have NVIDIA cards and 98% of them 3060 Ti’s from different manufacturers, but mostly ASUS. YouTubers, such as CryptoDonkeyMiner, have also already given some thoughts to TON. CDM has had good experiences with running 3060 Ti’s with minus 2000 MHz MemClock and 200 MHz CoreClock. I tried it with 100 - 200 MHz CoreClock and plus 2000 - 2200 MHz MemClock and 120 PL and had more stable and higher hashrates than him. I think that’s something else we can share wonderfully about here! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

EDIT (12.01.2022):
As it turned out, TON is an algorithm in which the memory can be completely neglected. That means, it doesn’t really matter what you hire at MEMCLOCK. The inventor of the lolMiner, Lolliedieb, talks in this post on Github about freeing up resources for the more relevant CORECLOCK by setting the MEMCLOCK in the lolMiner with --mclk 810.

TONCOIN Thread Trenner

How do I exchange TONCOIN for USD or EUR?

Well, I use OKEx for this. There I send the TONs from my wallet, then sell them to USDT and buy LTC from them. The advantage of LTC lies in the low fees for exchanging between different exchanges. I mainly use Coinbase, because I can easily turn the LTC into EUR here and then the money is available, optionally also directly in PayPal. If you use OKEx as your primary exchange anyway, you can of course do what you want :wink:

You might use FTX, too. This is another big exchange.

TONCOIN Thread Trenner

So guys, I would be happy if we could fill this post with life and I could help you a little with it. Just give TON a try and let’s discuss your difficulties or problems, for example, and let us take part in your OC settings!

Please, don’t forget to like the thread in order to keep it alive :+1: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

=> Install the latest update for best performance settings!

=> Here you can find a TONCOIN-Mining-Calculator: Minerstat’s TON Calc

=> This is the pool I use (with no fees): Whalestonpool

=> Alternatively you might use this pool: toncoinpool.io

Would you mine TON?
  • Yes, I’ll give it a try
  • Yes, I already mine TON
  • Nope, for now I just will watch the course
  • Never ever, even if it’s the last coin on earth

0 voters

Disclaimer: I am not getting any money for this post from any of the people or websites mentioned here. I don’t want to advertise anything here, but this thread could include affiliates. This post does not constitute financial advice!

9 Likes

Hi. I’m struggling to reigster my Ton Wallet. I’ve created it, with Wallet address but the Ton-Pool Bot says I don’t have it registered yet. Not sure where I am going wrong with this. ? Anyone help please

1 Like

Hi, you wanna contact this bot, right?!

Maybe you better ask the official support in case of failures TON Whales Support via Telegram.

1 Like

I Switched all my LHR cards on this yesterday. 350mhs on Eth and around getting around 26-28 effective hashrate. I want to try and put my 6800xt’s and 6900xt’s on this as well as it looks to be more profitable than Eth. Any idea of the settings. Never been good with how to overcloack AMD just use this forum to copy settings :slight_smile:

Also need to find a better way to exchange in the US. I can’t use FTX or OKEx and I tried gate.io but the receive address is Eth or something so not sure if it’s possible. Waiting for support o get back to me.

I did use telegram Wallet Bot and can convert to BTC but the transaction fee from there to Coinbase is $18.95 it’s saying. Need a better way for USA people.

1 Like

I‘ve just found a tweet from the official Open Network. Maybe this is something for you: Telegram: Contact @otcplaces
As I read out, this seems to be a possibility to change different crypto-pairs with TON…

What about Hotbit.io? :thinking:

@otcplaces
This doesn’t show in telegram and if you preview the channel on web it says 50k usdt minimum

Sure :wink: for your problem I mentioned the Hotbit adress, sorry :blush:

Yeah not sure on Hotbit some bad reviews

Oh, I don’t use Hotbit… therefore I didn’t know about bad reviews :man_shrugging:

How would I withdraw in Canada? OKEx isn’t available here.

1 Like

Hi, how to transfer my balance from the wallet (at whales pool bot) to OKEX ?

1 Like

Are you registered at OKEx? Than just go to the homescreen of the OKEx app and follow these steps:

Enter the adress PLUS the comment :bangbang: Otherwise your TONCOINs are far far away :wink:

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, I’m registered at OKEX, but the screenshot you shared is different from the OKEX i am using (I’m using the pc web version), are you using the mobile version of OKEX?

1 Like

I’m currently mining to TON whales using Lolminer on my RX6000 rig. Looks good so far. Still learning the best tweaks.

1 Like

Yes, sorry :persevere: Right now I’m on a ride, so I have to work with the mobile version… this evening I will post about the desktop version :wink::+1:t2:

Fantastic power levels :+1:t2: Nice :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

What is now profitability for ton ?

2 Likes