More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

The new RX6600 (tested)

Yes I tested it but does not work. A guy in the Asrock forum wrote that he was able to bifurcate the USB port (1 to 4) but no idea what hardware used. Still stuck at 11, I tried a MSI motherboard and I was able to go to 13, probably can go up to 16

Run a week on TBM, then a week on TRM. Then look at your Accepted Shares. You will find that TRM, or another miner, has more Accepted Shares than TBM.

@Dojo76 Shame you are having trouble getting past 11 but thats still a big rig!
I can get 13 super-stable on a MSI B450 with Ryzen 3200G, much less stable with 14 GPUs but I can live with it for now.

I was eyeing up B550/Ryzen 3 combos and reckon you can get 20x GPUs with a few extra bits and the right CPU. I just don’t fancy shelling out for that and another 6 GPUs right now, maybe after the merge when we know where POW is going. Also electricity in the UK is crazy expensive atm.

@Batfink sapphire 6600 micron, what is the best setting, can you write clearly?

@eyo277, I don’t have any 6600 with micron memory, sorry.

There should be information further up the thread. There are many people here with micron.

@Batfink thnx

@niexasadas hı sapphire 6600 micron what is the best setting you used last can you help me?

Only two settings you need to touch, mine is a very small, I would start with 800 soc vddmax and 650 core voltage, use other values same as mine. Works for all the cards I had

Does anyone know why my Rig after an Card upgrade don’t work with 6 cards? Befor it was 3x RX5600 and 3x RX480 and now I would use 3x RX5600 and 3x RX6600. I only can use 4 Cards now, it doesn’t matter which one they all work in different setups with each other. Risers are fine also USB Cables. I just made a fresh HiveOS installation. It will start but with all 6 Cards it will just say: Starting Operating System… My System is below.

Unbenannt

Thanks for that

I was about to buy one :frowning:

930 650 650 1200 950 420 795

No matter what I set (tested several above) I can’t squeeze more then 27.4 MH/s out of my new RX 6600’s with the Samsung memory. My Micron memory cards can push 30 MH/s so, is it a memory thing?

Xfx rx6700 eth ton

samsung, nice, please share some screenshots

Any decent improvemet with new TRM R-mode? I can’t go lower then 901 with 650 for the core, from35w to 38w. I tried to lower both but cards are not starting

Hi! Have you tried with your new 12 series mobo? I have an MSI z690 Pro with a celeron CPU myself, and it’s making me Fcrazy. Got it working with 6 GPUs after a loooong fight. I’d like to add 2 VGAs more, but it’s working ok now and I don’t want to touch it.
Curious fact: it’s over WIFI cause ETHernet does not work at all. Ifconfig doesn’t show ETH0, that being said…

I’ve now got 8 cards up and running nicely

Question…

Anyone tried flashed there trouble-some card with a BIOS from one of the other cards that works well?

The trouble maker in my rig has an older BIOS than the rest 113-EXT800291-L03

The rest are -L04

Ah interesting maybe that’s why one of my 6600 cards can only undervolt to 740mv.

If I can get the core down to 630-660 I’m sure it will do mid-high 30 watts in software since it’s a Hynix model. Also interested in a bios flash if anyone has any suggestions. I’ve used amdvbflash and red-bios-editor for my 5700s but not sure what to do with the 6600. I guess I could download a VBIOS from another Hynix card and see where the voltage limiting is. Always just assumed it was a bad silicon lottery chip but maybe not…

Mode your own… probably works on 6600 too

1 Like

Nice information thanks for sharing