More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Temp Nvidia card question 3090 card

Question for our community - until Nvidia updates the drivers for Linux OS. What is the general rule of thumb to avoid turning my card into a brick. I’m new and researching and learning. This weekend I plan to tweak and tweak again until my cards become unstable. I want to know how hot is too hot. I’m getting hashrates of 121.8 on my 3090’s. With temp averaging around 49 to 53 with fan btw 75 to 85%. I know I can go higher. Core is 1125 - memory is set to 2250 power set to 350 but only using 306 to 312.

What is too hot? How long can it throttle before you damage the card.
I appreciate your assistance.

i run mine at max fan, as fans are the cheapest part. the 350w is a power limit, so it wont let it go over that, with a locked core clock it wont draw more power than it needs for that clock, so that behavior is normal.

Here is the latest… GPU 0 seems to be a better card than GPU 1. I have not attempted to go above 2600 on either GPU. It seems like no issue for GPU 0 but when setting GPU 1 to anything above 2550 it crashes my rig. Is dropping to 2400 where I should stay or maybe run at 2500. any other setting to attempt? I have read a lot this weekend and I have much more to do. This sure is fun to tweak and adjust. Cheers!! I appreciate you - thank you time and assistance!

every card is unique in how much memory overclock it will handle, could just be poor silicon. what miner are you running?

HIveon t rex

1 Like

which one are you running with your 3090’s?