With the release of TRM 0.10.0, R Mode is now publicly available. The official R Mode tuning guide is available at: teamredminer/ETHASH_TUNING_GUIDE_RMODE.txt at master · todxx/teamredminer · GitHub
R-mode effect on various gpus
The effect of R-mode on different gpus can be summarized as follows:
6900XT/6800XT/6800: small powersave of -2-3W by lowering core clk, might not be worth the effort.
6700XT: good effect, 1000 MHz core enough for 1075 MHz mem clk.
6600XT: our tests indicate there’s no real point using it, but we’re waiting for more user feedback.
5700XT/5700: big winner. Core clk 1050-1075 MHz is now enough to sustain 56 MH/s. Can almost always run at sub-700mV core voltage.
5600XT: decent winner. Core clk 950 MHz supports 42 MH/s, core voltage can be dropped low.
Radeon VII family: solid win, hashrate restored to original C-mode levels and slightly more, average boost 2-3 MH/s per gpu.
Vega 56/64: a small hashrate boost and/or powersave from being able to use lower core clk. For 51-52 MH/s a core clk of 925-950 MHz is often enough.
What you need:
- HiveOS version [email protected] or later
- OpenCL ver 21.40.2 and up
- TeamRedMiner ver 0.10.0 and up on your flight sheet
What you need to do:
- Stop your miner
- Go to your TRM flight sheet and click Setup Miner Config, make sure you are on “The latest” or choose 0.10.0 as the version
- Go to the “Extra config arguments” section and type in —kernel_vm_mode=RR (you need TWO dashes at the beginning; if you have other arguments on it, make sure kernel_vm_mode is on top)
- Click on “Update” and apply to all workers.
- Your rig will reboot.
- Stop the miner and update your OC’s accordingly (this usually means lower core clock and core voltage settings for your cards, note that OC settings differ per GPU).
- When the miner starts you should see “Linux kernel vm mode parameters are already correct.” in yellow.
For my 5700 and 5700 XT cards, these are what I used as a baseline:
Hope others can post the OC settings for their cards!