More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

T-Rex Miner 0.24.5 dual mining, "Can't start T-Rex" Error with Intensity not set

All,

Ran into the issue after updating and creating a dual mining flight sheet to mine ETH + RVN. If I do not set a number for “Intensity” I get the following on loop:

T-Rex instructions recommend not setting intensity. I have looked around and don’t quite understand what the intensity number actually does. Setting to 50 or 60 gets everything working like pre-upgrade. Looking for some advice or a fix. Does having intensity set hurt anything? Is there something else I may be doing wrong?

For now I will just leave it running while set to 50, but was just curious if anyone else had run into this issue, if there are other fixes, or if I should have intensity set to some other value.

Thanks.

Usually you get that error message if you have multiple NVIDIA cards and do not specify a lhr-tune value for all of them. What is your current lhr-tune value in your extra config options for the miner?

Things will probably also work if you delete the lhr-tune value and let t-rex use the defaults

-1 - auto-mode (LHR tune is set to 71 (or 68 in low power mode) for LHR cards and 0 for non-LHR)
0 - disabled (use for non-LHR cards)
30 - recommended starting value for most LHR cards in LHR unlock dual mining mode (see --lhr-algo)
68 - recommended starting value for most LHR cards in low power mode (see --lhr-low-power)
71 - recommended starting value for most LHR cards

For example on my box I have 3 NVIDIA cards one of which is LHR so i use

"lhr-tune": "0,68,0"

If you have multiple cards and one is being used for dual mining I would try something like

"lhr-tune": "0,30,0"

I only have 1 card for now, and didn’t specify a lhr-tune value.

Try adding

"lhr-tune": "30"

to your extra config options for the t-rex miner and see if it helps

There is a field for the intensity (different from the lhr options)

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 15.15.56

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.