More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

System unstable with 6 GPUs , all normal and stable with 5 GPUs 5700 XT

Hi over there,

I built a minning rig with the following configuration:

6xSapphire Pulse 5700 XT
Mainboard ASUS B250 Minning expert
PSU Corsair HX1200
4xAntec 120 mm Fan case
Intel i3 LGA-1151 7100 3.9Ghz
Open air frame rig (similar to Veddha)
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2x4GB
Running HiveOS from a USB-Drive

HiveOS version : 0.6-140@200519

I’ve the rig running with 5 of the 6 GPUs withouth any issue, but as soon as I add the last GPU, my system became unstable.

At the first attemp to boot with six GPUs , the system boot all normal, no issues, but then after running hiveOS for about 5 min I started to receive weird messgae sin the console , something like “AMD powerplay voltake leakeage”…, and the system restarted. After the reboot the mainboard shows the PCI-E port of the last GPU as red (with errors).

If i do a hard reset , I got the same issue, all normal…and then as soon as HiveOS booted it will restart wihitn a few minutes of use…

I was wondering what could be the problem? I tried by changing the GPUs , and the issue is not with the GPU as 6th GPu is working in any of the other ports withouth issues.

So my suspiscion now in on the PCI- risers , the mainboard or the PSU.

PSU shows an average consumption of 500W for 5 GPUs in HiveOS, so I guess that shoulnd’t be a problem with one more card… however I didn’t take the power consumption from the wall.

I’ve updated the mainboard BIOS to the lattest available on the ASUS site, and the issue still continues…

I didn’t try yet to boot another OS (like Windows 10)… I also didn’t try yet to swtiching the PCI risers…or i also didn’t try yet with other PSU.

What you guys recommend? did anyone experience a similar issue?

Hello,
Check your power wattage at the wall … upgrate power supply… this carrds draw too much power…
Hive os is not give us the true watttage of the cards …
May the force be with u…!!!
Greetings Alex

Thanks for your reply Alex, I’ll try with other PSU

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.