More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Switched from NBMINER to TREX and my AMD GPU Won't Detect?

Hey guys, so tonight I switched from NBMINER to T-REX and while my hashrates on T-REX are much better for some reason my AMD RX 480 won’t even detect. See below:

Before

After

Thanks

Please ignore this post. I was able to get this working by setting up two separate miners on the same flight sheet.

Ok you didnt know trex is only for nvidia, no biggie. But why o why all fans at 100%? Im pretty sure you can put them at 60%-70% and still get good temperatures.

Heat is a major issue for me…hundreds of cards running.

I spend $2000 a month on A/C bills to keep things under 80c in the summer…I could probably lower them a bit now but still with 30 deg F outside…I have 2 1 HP air intakes blasting cold air in and the room is still 75+ F…lol

100s of cards and a/c?! is it worth it? usually is much better just to pump filtered air on one side of the room and extract on the other than to do AC. Maybe do AC in the pumped air to make colder air enter the room.

I broke even Oct 1st…so yes…VERY worth it lol. But I also started almost a year ago and invested a lot of capital all at once. My power, facility lease, and insurance costs are only about 30% of what I make in a month and all those costs are tax deductions anyway because I have an LLC. My only regret is not investing more when I was getting full hash rate cards daily from my bot. I sold a ton of full hashrate cards this year (over $100,000 worth) and now I wish that I would have kept them all…oh well live and learn lol.

One other comment on the AC…unfortunately I have a lot of MSI 3080s (full hashrate) and if the ambient air temp gets above 70 degrees they start to throttle…badly. No amount of fans or circulation matter…I have to keep blasting them with air that is sub 70 degrees 24/7 or they lose major hashrate. Up to 50% loss if it gets close to 85%…I hate them…but I have a lot of them and they do 103mhs when cooled so what can I do? lol…they are all paid for and ROI made long ago so it is what it is. Also, I only have to run actual A/C about 3-4 months out of the year so it’s not that bad.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.