More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Spent so much time trying to get os on rig and have no idea what to try next

I feel like I have tried everything. The rig runs off the os on a flash drive for some time before crashing. (12 hours at most) I tried flashing the ssd directly using a connector and was unsuccessful no matter which way I did it (at least 50 attempts using 2 different transfer cords and 2 different identical ssds)

. I tried moving the files over on hive and get an error message. I’ve probably spent 12 hours on this issue. Watched every YouTube video on transferring os and nothing will work. Please help I am lost

Are you using:

• BalenaEtcher to burn the image on USB and SSD attempts?
  • USB3.0 or better USB drive?
  • USB to SSD transfer is the method I see most recommended, but I just run all my rigs on high quality 3.2 USBs with backups ready.

I have been using etcher to put it on a 1tb external drive and transferring it over to ssd on hive using the commands from the article you linked. Also whenever I try to flash directly to ssd on windows the drive disappears and still has 7.5gb on it so it is clearly being flashed. I tried plugging that in and received another error message on boot. I purchased a 3.2 flash drive and will try that. Thank you for the suggestions

Also how do you backup?

The following has been working for me:

• image a few quality 3.0+ USBs with BalenaEtcher
  • paste the “rig.conf” in the proper partition on the USB
  • run (1) and set (1+) next to the rig incase a USB fails, or I noob up the HiveOS

Following that model allows you to go back a cycle, version, etc., quickly.

In addition, gives you spare to try and use the Hive USB to SSD migration plan with low risk.

Good luck!