More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Somebody tried flashing EVGA bios on MSI Ventus 3x 3080 TI?

Hey guys,
EVGA is improving hashrates, has anyone tried to flash the EVGA bios on the MSI Ventus 3x 3080 TI to improve things?

From what I gathered in finding the hidden bios update, EVGA couldn’t care less about hashrate. That bios update was to fix a defect in the stock bios that was retarding gameplay performance on their XC3 3080ti’s (which has a much smaller cooler than their FTW3) by dropping the core clock when it hit 266-270 watts. But it took my 77 mh XC3 to 88-90+ nh, and had the same effect on an off brand ICHILL gpu. So IF your MSI is down in the 70’s, I don’t think it would hurt to try it, keeping in mind that it could brick it, and to be sure and save a backup of your current bios.

94.02.71.80.BF

Red Panda BIOS UPDATE for 3080 Ti

lol I’m asking exactly for this sentence: " I don’t think it would hurt to try it, keeping in mind that it could brick it"

Someone who knows better how to recover in case of a mix up is probably the best to try first and tell us rookies if that works or not. Nothing personal with you, but “thinking” it wouldn’t be a problem isn’t enough of an evidence… Again nothing against you, just that we need someone with actual knowledge to test it

Nothing ever will be until that 3080ti is a smaller percentage of your total hashrate. I found that bios over a month ago, so long that if you look at that thread I actually ask myself if I had tried it or not? lol
Between then and now I added a FTW3 evga 3080 ti, a couple 3060’s, a couple 3070ti’s, and lucked up and got a 3090 off of newegg shuffle. Then I saw Red Panda’s video with the shout out to me (MatHelm644), and he’d tried it on some “ICHILL” 3080ti because he saw a video that Crypto Donkey did on that thread and bios on a different 3080ti. And it was such a simple process here and in the vids, that yes, if I were you, I would indeed give it a shot if I had done my research on the issue I was having. In the case of these gpu’s the bios is down clocking the core clock when it reaches 267 to 270 watts (thats a estimate). From all the reading I did on EVGA’s forum, I think it gives you an extra 50 watts. Which isn’t much for gaming, but is everything for LHR mining. And the thing is that all 3080ti’s follow a basic script. So the chance of this known working EVGA bios bricking your gpu is almost zero. Less than the chance of a power spike in the middle of a bios update bricking it. So yes IF you’re down in the 70’s with your hashrate, I would give it a shot, or if it’s a small part of you total, I don’t think it could hurt. Keep in mind that Crypto Donkey was ecstatic because it took his 3080ti from 88 to 91mh. But you have the conn…

You’re famous, dude! The BIOS hack you made is all over tech news sites right now. :grin:

1 Like

I Did it with another bios from gigabyte master onto my MSI. Alot of factors that have to look into and overclocking etc will be harder after the bios update. Like you may have to set power limit crazy high to get the hashrate your looking for. Like my MSI with Gigabyte Master bios on it has to have the power limit set to 375 in order to get 92 mhs. I have the external bios flasher or hiveos internal bios flasher if worse came to worse and card got bricked. Easy fix dont let people fool you. Took me 6 brick attempts before I found a BIOS that would work. I was getting 68-72 MH before the bios and after 92. Definitely make sure the IDs match. Also HDMI port numbers etc matter to an extent as well. Gotta think deep into before you just flash a random BIOS on a card. Temps could and can be read inaccurately. Not a task for a joeblow. Must know somewhat what your doing before you screw some crap up. I know i left some things out, but most of the cards are similarly engineered the same. The heatsink and fans and lighting is what each Developer is unique about, and how hard they are willing to push the card within the programming of the bios.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.