More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

So long and thanks for all the fish

Well, after 2+ years of running my 6TB storage node, the colocation of the SQLite files and the blob storage has finally killed my node. I attempted to come up with a workaround, but it isn’t possible w/o a code change.

My “issue” was identified some time ago in this GitHub ticket but hasn’t gotten any love. Being able to separate the slower blob storage from the more time-sensitive SQLite DB files is why the moderators and the documentation are always saying that you should use local storage only. Well, if history is really a “rent your unused storage” kinda project, my excess storage is on (usually) fast attached storage.

I’ve added my notes there and subscribed to updates hoping it’ll get some love so I can return to the storage node family. I believe the fix is quite easy so any upvotes on the issue would be appreciated.
Until then, best of luck folks!

My “issue” was identified some time ago in this GitHub ticket but hasn’t gotten any love. Being able to separate the slower blob storage from the more time-sensitive SQLite DB files is why the moderators and the documentation are always saying that you should use local storage only. Well, if history is really a “rent your unused storage” kinda project, my excess storage is on (usually) fast attached storage. fishingverge

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.