I just got a used rig from my friend that has been offline for 2/3 years (he said it worked pretty fine back then). It consists of:
- 8x RX580 8gb PowerColor
- Asus Prime Z270-AR
- Intel Pentium® [email protected]
- 4gb of ram (2133mhz)
- 2x Corsair CX750m power supply
- Sandisk 16gb flash drive
- 2x PSU Corsair CX750m
When I run only one gpu, HiveOS starts fine. When I plug the second GPU onward, I start to get the error “UVD not responding, trying to restart the VCPU” as can be seen on the image (https://imgur.com/a/JTGAqMw).
I tried to change the PCI-e Auto, Gen1 and Gen2 (only didn’t try Gen3). Also tried to edit /etc/default/grub to change the line to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=“radeon.modeset=nomodeset” (also tried radeon.modeset=0 and just “nomodeset”).
Not sure if there is another config that can be made to solve this.
Any clued to help!? Ty a lot!
- I’m testing with only a single PSU and 2 or tops 3 gpus, so the power cables come all from the same PSU.
- All gpus are with original factory BIOS.
Tests already made, without managing to boot more than two gpus:
- Hive OS update to latest stable version: done.
- Motherboard battery change: done.
- Change the riser of the second gpu for a new one: done.
- Change from 4gb of ram to 8gb of ram: done.
- Update the BIOS: done.
- Config in the BIOS:
- System Agent (SA) Configuration > VT-d > Disabled: done.
- System Agent (SA) Configuration > DMI/OPI Configuration > DMI Max Link Speed ) Gen2: done
- System Agent (SA) Configuration > PEG Port Configuration > PCIEX16_1 > Gen2: done.
- System Agent (SA) Configuration > PEG Port Configuration > PCIEX16_2 > Gen2: done.
- System Agent (SA) Configuration > PEG Port Configuration > PCIe Spread Spectrum Clocking > disabled: done.
- PCH Configuration > PCI Express Configuration > PCI Speed > Gen2: done.
- Onboard Devices Configuration > HD Audio Controller > disabled: done.
- Onboard Devices Configuration > M.2_1 Configuration: [Auto][SATA mode][PCIE mode] > PCIE Mode: done.
- Onboard Devices Configuration > M.2_1 Bandwodth Configuration > X4: done.
- APM Configuration > Restore AC Power Loss > Power ON: done.
- Boot > Fastboot > Enable/Disable (tried both): done.
- Boot > Post Delay Time > 0 sec: done.
- Boot > Above 4G Encoding > Enabled: done.