More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX5700XT [amdgpu] *ERROR* hw_init of IP block <psp> failed during boot

Hi,

I have a 4xRX5700XT rig. Hive OS beta fails to load amdgpu driver with following:

I tried to boot using single GPU connected and it was ok, but after adding 2/3/4 GPU - the same error occurs…

Any thoughts?

Same story here with W5700 + W5500. Anyone found a solution to that?

Finally got it working.

After analysis of dmesg it turned out that placing a new card results in a different Pcie initialization. BAR for ech card was previously 256MB and with all cards it was resized when amdgpu was taking over the card. So I tried to find a way to keep BAR unchanged.

Web searching pointed me in a direction o BIOS settings and amdgpu module tweaks.

Took me a lot of trials with BIOS settings as mine motherboard is quite old and has a different naming for some settings. Turned of lots of HW. Reduced number of Pcie devices to minimum and disabled MMIO over 4GB.

I tested amdgpu.debug_largebar=1 kernel switch, but it did not work without BIOS configuration change.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.