More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX 6800XT and 6800 overclocking Eth/Ton dual mining

I have been trying out the most recent version of lol miner mining Eth/Ton. I am trying to overclock my 6800XT and 6800 cards using the settings below.

I have verified the overclocks are applied before starting the miner but after I start the miner I check again with the amd-info command it shows the cards have reverted to lower settings on core clock and voltage (see screenshot). How do I make the overclocks apply without the cards automatically overriding my settings?

Have tried without setting power limits but the core voltage changes still change as soon as I start mining. I am running in a mixed rig with nvidia cards if that is relevant.

Why are there 15 views and 7 replies to a similar younger query but this one has nothing?

your cards do not give out such core frequencies that you set, you need to reduce overclocking, 2350 and 2150 is a lot for these cards

1 Like

These are the core clocks I was using single mining toncoin. I think I was being unrealistic and expecting the same hashrate on ton when dual mining eth. I have reduced the core clocks and removed the power limit and am using 680 core voltage now. I decided to run them a bit more efficiently.

I will need to check what the core clock actually is when single mining ton next time I do that. I am learning that amd cards are very fiddly and you dont necessarily get what you ask from them when overclocking? It seems very dependent on the combination of settings

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.