More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX 6800 - Unknown GDDR6

Hi,

For some reason two of my AMD Cards that i have in my system is showing Unknown GDDR6 and is unable to mine. I am using a Asrock H510 PRO BTC+ motherboard for this rig. I have the PCIE lane powered by a molex as well.

I have also been using the HiveOS ver. 0.6-205@210715

Thanks

which version of amd driver are you using?

i thought the AMD drivers dont need to be touched as it is updated with each version of HiveOS no?

The AMD driver shows as 20.40 (5.11.0701) in HiveOS

you have the latest version so that should be good, maybe it’s a power issue with risers or something with bios, have you tried to put pci-e to gen 1-2? maybe that will help

First at all, reduce memory clock. Max memory clock for RX 6x00 series is 1075MHz. Higher values can cause to fail driver

I actually dont have risers right now so i am directly putting the cards into the Mobo PCIE slots. I have everything set as GEN 2

I lowered it but it still does not appear to work

Please type command from Run in your dashboard

1. Result of applying overclocking
    amd-oc log
  2. AMD driver errors
    journalctl -p err | grep amdgpu

and post results of execution here

Does it work with the OC turned off?

Dont use Molex for powering PCIe . It will melt.

1 Like

1 molex per 1 raiser is fine, not sure why u telling ppl it will melt…

Let me tell you why. Because it depends of the quality of the molex. Some say they provide 11 amps other say they provide 5 . This is 132 wats or 60 watts with low quality. Raiser needs 75 watts power. So you might end up pulling more than it can safely provide that that causes heat and melting.

1 Like

There are 12V and 5V molex available. Both are 11Amp. Use the wrong one and it’s a fire hazard. Use 12V with less than 18 guage wire, and it’s a fire hazard.

Has anyone solved this issue.

I also got a new asrock card and it can only recognise 1 card then the remainings are like Unknown GDDR6. I have set the speed as gen 2 in bios and enable 4g encoding.

This drives me crazy.

Hope anyone can provide help here

Updating the bios solved the issue in my case

gpu or mobo bios ?

i had similar problem when i used old hive image which i upgrade from web interface to last version. When i downloaded last hive image version and make new boot flash drive, hive showed all may card correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.