More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX 6800 failure

Hi guys, I been running my rig for 2 month and now one card give me this error can anyone help me or explain me this failure
Thank in advance

Did you already check all the basics:

• back off on the overclocks
  • swap/replace risers and usb cable
  • confirm power leads

Yes the board don’t need raizer. I chance de position on the board and the failure persist

Some of the Hive OS kernel upgrades and OS version upgrades are targeted at the 6800 series.

If you updated recently, you will likely have to adjust your overclocks. I needed to tweak some of my old systems a bit.

The weird thing is that the the other 4 card are the same model and work right .

I have a few rigs of them, some that were close to power limits or overclock limits needed tweaks. Some of mine did not seem phased. All of mine now run more consistently and smoothly post kernel and OS upgrades. My sample size is not huge, but it is across (4) brands/models of 6800’s.

I have not had a completely fail yet, I have thought so a few times. I have had some that required a lot of attention to get running well over time.

Is possible that the gpu is dead ?

It is possible. I’d move it into a windows machine, radeon drivers, etc.

Which settings, miner, etc, are/were you running? Are you at the limits for temps, etc.?

Yes, I been analyzing the temp and the core where never over 55 and MEM over 80

You’ll hear lots of opinions, but none of my 6800s are ever allowed into the 50’s and I freak out when the mem is in the 70’s. Sounds like some of the overclocks/power settings are running a bit hot for a 6800.

Note this one near the power supply at 74 is always heavily monitored.

You oc work perfect but my rig still give that error when I plug that card .
The other card start mining but y lost part of the information, for example the temperatures