More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX 580 low hashrate. Cannot mod BIOS or OC card

Hello,

I have a problem with my RX 580 8 GB with Samsung memory - hashrate is around 20. When I try modded bios (with PolsarisBiosEditor, I tried Uber Mix 3.1, 3.2, 3.3) card doesn’t mine at all. When I try to set OC rig does not boot at all - I have to configure it from scratch. I tried also to set PCI-E gen 2 - no difference,

Any ideas how to reach around 30 at this card? I read quite a lot suggestions but without possibility of OC or changing BIOS a can’t use them :frowning:

For Bios overide bottom strap with the one above.
For OC try to conenct card directly to mobo and then do OC or test on windows with afterburner. With this You will check if the card is ok.

Thank you for the advise. Apparently I get the black screen/no mining problem with memory clock higher than 2100. Now with oc I get 26,5 hash so there is nice improvement. I’m wondering how to set mem clock at higher value and check hashrate then.

Regarding the bios - I’m sorry but I don’t get what you mean. Could you tell what strap should I override?

Sterna, I have the exact same problem. You need to work out your configuration in phoenixminer (the only miner I managed to resolve my issues with rx 580) very carefully and introduce, one by one, the configs you want for your OC, manually, in phoenix miner. Don’t use afterburner.

Check the commands here: Phoenix Miner - Readme [Full Documentation]

At each command you introduce, you should bench the activity to reach out where your graphics card crash.

I tried this metod in hiveos, but I will follow your advice with Phoenix Miner. Thank you!

How did it solve? I have the same problem but I can OC, only the biosmod is impossible so far. can you help me? I haven’t tested phoenoxminer yet because I don’t have rig access at the moment.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.