More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX 580 Gigabyte Gaming Samsung memory

@amackata
wow man, that worked

i also have a xfx card, i just learned how to mod a bios and it worked.

Woowww
Yeahhh you got the power…
a5d48eb0

I can do this what do you think?

I am using teamredminer User Config - eth_config = B

BOOTED 11 hours ago MINER UPTIME 11h 12m

Spero vi possa essere utile… :slight_smile:

@amackata
Dear, first of all thanks on behalf of others, to whom you already helped a lot.

I am new to Mining and recently I bought RX580 OEM AMD/ATI with Samsung Memory.
everything is going fine for me in respect to hashrate but i am stuck on power consumption.
even after trying undervolted it is consuming 96watt.

could you please have a look and guide me where am i missing and what am i missing?

6700XT i was able to tune with manual setting and all is working fine as per expectation.

i am using TRM for AMD and TREX for NVIDIA.
my Rx 580 Samsung memory settings are as given below: i am right now getting

could you or anyone else please help me to understand and fix the issue related high power consumption on this card, i saw it can be lower to 60 to 65 watt.

please correct me, if i am wrong.

Hello, could you upload one more time mod bios to: XFX RX 580 -SK HYNIX. This link is broken: https://amackata.tk/download/Vbios/xfx-5-RadeonRX580-8G-SK_Hynix_H5GQ8H24MJR-113-58085SHD1-W90_MOD.zip

Not working. I can’t find the right bios exactly to rx 580 gts xxx Sk Hynix memory.
Max i have got is 28.11 mhz. I will be very obliged. Thank youamackata.

Paul

@amackata

Hi there and Sorry for the delay !!!
Yeap ! @stephenkleckner I think is OK you can increase the fan speed a littlte bit more to reduce 4 or 5 C° in GPU 0 and GPU 1. I like my GPU does not get more then 55/58 C° but is ok, I think maybe depends where your location are like summer times and more things… but that’s ok. This is my personal point of view… Grazie mille

@sanvan5 very thanks, I feel ashamed couse I know in this forum are much more qualified people, but I invoke the first rule of mining, cooperate with other miners :wink:
I would recommend to read power consumption at the wall socket (use wattimeter) and do not believe in the values of the system.

@littleprince Ok I just reload that file… I had accidentally deleted it… Try again.

https://amackata.tk/download/Vbios/

Happy Mining 4 all !!!

2 Likes

Hey you helped a lot person here. thanks for that.
My card is Radeon 580 8 gb Samsung memory sapphire pulse. Both of the bios u gave I tried. But unable to flash. One is said older and another is 50kb file size so hive os rejects. Samsung memeory last word is b.

Hi @adibemon !

Yeap your rom is different size. Try to use POLARIS BIOS EDITOR to modify it. Is really easy, only one click. If you can’t tell me about it or send me the rom with https://wetransfer.com and share the link below.

Happy Holidays !!!

can you help me? my rx 580 doesn’t work with biosmod uber mix, i’m not sure what the original bios is either, but i believe this is it: VGA Bios Collection: Asus RX 580 8 GB | TechPowerUp
edit: my card is an Asus Rog Strix RX 580 8GB

What is the difference between the two rx580 Samsung fc memory’s bios?

Hi @Abagada

Ok. I just download the original from TechPowerUp and modificated with POLARIS BIOS EDITOR. You can download from https://amackata.tk/download/Vbios/ROG-STRIX-RX580-O8G.rar

Hope this work !

@dajpereira I think the diffrerence is the “Timing Strap” from one to the other…

@amackata
thanks i will test

EDIT: unfortunately it didn’t work, I still get the message “comm buf exit code timeout …”

Hi @amackata

I would need a MOD for the following card:
Radeon RX 580 - 8192 MB - XFX
Samsung K4G80325FC

I have tried many vBios but none of them work, HiveOS does not detect the memory.
To check the memory of the card I disassembled it to see the exact memory that was needed for my card.

I remain at your disposal if you need additional information.
Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Like

Hi @Huntersnak

Try to use this one. Index of /download/Vbios

I think the size of that BIOS is about 512K. If you have a different size, please send me the original rom with the link wetransfer.com

@Abagada don’t you have the original? First you have to find the correct BIOS for that GPU and check what happens. If you load the original rom and still have problems, please send your error message to us, copy past the information here, that way is much easier for someone to help you.

@amackata i have already tried this but that mod didn’t work

@Huntersnak I have the exact same card and cant find a good vBios

1 Like

Do you mind emailing me this partciular bios if you download from your farm? I downloaded to compare, your card seems to draw much less power in HiveOS following your settings. Mine sits around 77-79w.
Email:
[email protected]

Also have an MSI rx580 armor card as well I try to do the same for.

Hi @Mythone
Each rx580 GPU that I have gives me different power consumption on HiveOs. Is not the real state of consumption. (Not in the case of AMD cards. This cards use around 130W approx. ) Use the wall socket to measure the actual consumption status. Send me your settings or your rom to [email protected] perhaps I can help or someone from here can help you too…

I have sent you an email. Curious to see if we can drop the power at all. The gigabyte card does run warm will be doing a repaste tomorrow.