More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX 5700 0hs on hiveos but works well on windows

Hi guys, I have spent many days on this problem but still don’t have any clue about this problem. I have a PowerColor RX 5700 card with Micron GDDR6 memory. I can run PhoenixMiner on Windows using this card without any problems. I got about 52mhs with 108w power.

But when I switched to Hiveos, I got absolutely 0 hash rate. I googled this problem and tried many solutions. I tried different mining pools, miners (PhoenixMiner, Ethminer, lolMiner, and TeamRedMiner), OC settings, drivers, hiveos kernels, and VBIOS. I also tried to plug this card in different PCs (i7 6700k + Z170MB and Ryzen 5900x + X570MB). But unfortunately, none of them worked. I’m really out of my mind. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Below are the two PCs I tried to plug the card in:
PC1:
CPU: i7 6700k
MB: Z170
RAM: 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2133mhz DDR4

PC2:
CPU: Ryzen 5900x
MB: X570
RAM: 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200mhz DDR4

And below is a screenshot of one example miner output (from PhoenixMiner)

Thanks!

Hi,
post a picture with OC settings inside HiveOS

Hi nanial,

Please see my OC settings below (sorry as a new user I’m only allowed to embed one figure. So I have to merge the screenshots):

I’m currently running on the latest OS version 0.6-212. But I have also tried the beta version and previous versions, including 0.6-211, 0.6-203 and 0.6-177.

Thanks in advance!

What miner you use?
Check with team red miner
What driver for amd u use? 20.40…? i think u have driver problem… downgrade driver for amd …
i use 20.40 (5.9.0325) and in another rig 20.40 (5.6.14) without problems and with the same cards!!!

Thanks, nanial!

I did try team red miner but still no luck. I’m using the 20.40 (5.11.0825) driver. See the screenshot below. I’ll try to downgrade the driver. Just curious, what hive OS version are you using and what is your OC setting?

Yes sure…
kernel

Old Kernel Version 5.4.80… stable for me !!!
Mix amd 5700xt cards (Sapphire - Gigabyte - Ati ) all cards with mod bios (straps) (Micron and samsung memories… at samsung mem can up to 895 mhz ,for micron 900-910)
Team red miner latest Version…
Pool HiveOn…

Hope i can help…

Thanks very much nanial! I used exactly your setting and teamredminer. I downgrade the linux kernel to 5.4 and the driver to 20.40 (5.9.0325). Now I can get non-zero hashrate, but it is extremely low. I only have about 1.6 MH. I also tried other miners under this setting but all other miners just give 0 hashrate.

I think I will just give up and switch back to windows.

But thank you for all your helps!

Check the follow video for settings in this motherboard…

You problem is your settings in motherboard… make and bios update for latest version…

PM for any info…GL !!!

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.