More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Rx 570 highwatt usage

Hey there,

i’ve got 5 Cards in my mining rig rn, and all of them are really good overcloked and undervolted but 1 card is making me some trouble. I have the exacte same card a rx 570 8gb from msi. Same cooler same oc. But 1 chip is from samsung and the other from sk hynix.

Here comes the rpoblem: the Sk Hynix 570 is pulling 115 Watts instead of the 100 Watts like the other card. I tried lowering the volate… but nothing is going down in the watts section. I can put agressive under volting etc towards it, but the card wont go lower than 115 W. Any suggestions ? and yes i bios modded it. It does 33.5 Mhs

post the OC settings. but 33.5 is quite much, i suspect you had to increase the core clock quite much. you might need to lower it.

I actually misspelled. Its actually 30.33 Mhs so its a good balance, but i get to high wattage and if i change the core volt etc it wont go down…

This is my whole rig

Hi,
I make some suggestions for your cards
For Micron Memories Core at 1150 VDD 850 MEM clock At 2050 (use Tref 30)
For Hynix Memories Core at 1180 VDD 880 Mem clock At 2050 (use Tref 30)
Begin with this settings… and PM with results…

you are pushing them way too much. they are on 100% do you plan to destroy the soon?
GPU 0 and GPU 1 are pushed too much, i know you want MHS but you should think about long life of the cards also.
as the dude above suggests, lower the core clocks to 1150-1200. also you can test with cores 1150-1200 core voltage 850+. remove DPM states they dont work. put memory controller voltage 800 and mem clocks 2100-2150. aggressive undervolting switched ON, amdmemtweak --REF 30.

for GPU2 which is with Samsung memory ending in FB , you can bios mod it with polaris bios editor 1.7.4 and use the UberMix timings version 3.2. then you can clock it at 1180 core clock , 865 core voltage, memory controller voltage 800 and 2100 memory clock. aggressive undervolting ON and amdmemtweak --REF 20.
GPU 3 with Hynix mem is also similar OC but --REF 30.
GPU 4 with samsung mem ending with FC, bios mod it with slow timings and OC it similar to the other samsung.

I Bios Modded all of them using Polaris 1 clikc bios editor. But i will go for the lower wattages on the x590 cards. But i can not understand the fact taht if i lower the wattage on the GPU3 it wont go down…

I will try the oc suggestions and will inform you about it

@nanial @rkulov
I think i foudn some good settings :slight_smile:
Thank you guys for the fast help, i can not go lower the 800 core clock on the 570 otherwise it will crash after some time. But i Am pretty happy with my results. Any other improvment suggetions ?

Lower than 800 no, you cant go. but i will suggest to use 1150 core clock and 850 core voltage. also 2050 memory clock so you can get around 31 MHs on these 3 cards.

i have RX 570 from Asrock with the samsung memory ending with FB.
i am running it with 1180 core clock, 865 core voltage, 800 memory controller voltage, 2100 memory clock, aggressive undervolting ON, amdmemtweak --REF 20. i have bios modded it with polaris bios editor 1.7.4 and ubermix 3.2 timings. it does 32.2 MHS for 104 watts. thats about 85-90 watts for you because i have inserted in HiveOS my PSU conversion rate which is 80%.

Hi,
You made a very nice litle rig with them… well done!!!
Great job and very efficient !!!

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.