More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Rx 5600 xt overclocking problems

Hello,
I have some problems with a rx 5600 xt card in my rig which would not overclock properly. Here is a screenshot of my rig with some preset values for the card (core 1100 mem 930).
These settings run but I know that I can get more out of this card. I have run the rx 5600 xt card at ~100W and ~ 40Mhs with memory clock at ~1800 (in the radeon software) before in some other miner. After I switched to hive os I have problems applying those parameters to my card.
With the settings above I am nowhere near what this card can do so I increased the mem clock to e.g. 1000 it won´t go to 1000 but 875.

Same behaviour for the core clock speed.
At this point im out of ideas of what I am missing here.

• How do I properly set the core and mem clock speeds?
  • Does the 1800Mhz mem clock speed in the radeon software relate to 1800 in hive os as well?
  • Why is there a difference between the applied clock speeds and the speeds I get with “amd-info” command?

I hope I gave enough information. If not I will provide missing invormation after request.

Thank you for your help!

Bro, 5600 xt can’t go above 930 believe me, i modded A LOT and 930 is actually the max for this card. In many cases actually i had to set memories lower, to 920, 915 even.

Moreover you can play around voltages to lower power usage

Okay I think I missed a factor of 2 in the mem clock in Radeon software and hive os over clocking.
Makes sense that the card won’t go to 1000 then.

Do you have some suggestions of voltages to start at and what I can expect in terms of efficiency increase?

I use 920 instead of 930 due to stability

Oh, this is bios modded btw

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.