More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX 480 GPU Missing unit because "Autofan: GPU temperature 511 is unreal, driver error"

before i tell my problems, i have to say sorry b’cos my english is bad.

my rig get some trouble, my RX 480 is missing unit,
because “Autofan: GPU temperature 511 is unreal, driver error”

and when i see “amd-info”, i see something suprise me,

anyone have solution for me ?
please help me !

i’ve tried update V-Bios, i’ve tried change the risers,
and nothing’s change.

my mobo : Asrock FM A268M with only one PCIE, so i use PCIE splitter and powering GPU with SATA cables.

my risers are Ver009.

SATA cables and splitter are first place to look in your description. If the GPU runs for 72 hours in the motherboard slot directly, its power, riser, cables.

From Discord FAQs:

Common Errors/FAQ
GPU temperature 511 is unreal
511 is a GPU error, more precisely, it’s a power disconnection malfunction, in which the software attempts to query the GPU and gets either nothing or invalid data returned.
This is generally caused by a bad riser/cable(s).
Ensure to check your cables and avoid using SATA to power up risers.

carefully inspect all the cables, make sure everything is seated. troubleshoot til you find the problem piece

i’ve changed SATA cables with converter 8 pin female to dual 6+2 pin mael PCIE cable,
and still the same.

god, please help me

Next, eliminate the PCI-e splitter as a point of failure.

Can you put the single GPU, directly into the motherboard bypassing the PCI-e splitter?

Are you sure you have enough power? A single RX480 will pull over 100W regardless of what is shown.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.