More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Running HiveOS on Server Hardware

Has anyone successfully tested running HiveOS on server hardware? I’m trying to test cpu mining on HP DL360 G7, and HP DL380 G7. I get no ip assignment using DHCP and all interfaces remain down. Assigning IP address statically works. I can see the interface that has the IP assigned, but again all interfaces remain down. I haven’t been able to get network connection so far.

I am using HiveOS on a couple of mining rigs with no issue.

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Mark

Yes I have HiveOS up and running on an HP DL580 G7 with 4x Intel Xeon E7-4830 processors. I have no issues with the network interface and it does get it’s address via DHCP.

One thing to be careful of is that you DO NOT connect the network cable to the iLO 3 NIC connector but to one of the four NIC 1-4 connectors.

See this HP ProLiant DL380 G7 Server QuickSpecs for LAN connectors:
https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/V2/Getdocument.aspx?docname=c04199811

Hello, thanks for sharing your experience, how do you install the hiveos on the server hardware?

Hello, thanks for sharing your experience, how do you install the hiveos on the server hardware? I have a proliant g9 but I dont know how to install it, thanks in advance.