More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RTX3060 12GB results here

It is simple :wink: . On this board 7x … https://www.asus.com/Commercial-Servers-Workstations/X99E_WS/specifications/

it’s 48mh/s only on windows, with 470.05 developper drivers

1 Like

You need motherboard that support 16x on multiple ports or 16x and 8x rest of them
you need also passive PCIE risers and you need HDMI dummy plug to fool the gpu your connecting the gpu to a monitor.

you will be looking for workstation motherboard based on Socket LGA 2011 or LGA 2011 V3 and old Intel workstation CPU.

last you will need Beta driver mentioned above and windows OS. then your ready to go

Example :

My old gaming PC based on LGA 2011 , the board have 7 PCI slots but limitation to the board I can run only 4 cards , 16x 8x 8x 8x so my best option 4x 3060 non ti @ 48 mhs each. @ 196 mhs for one rig

with all this headache the card is painful to run for ETH, and if your going to source those LGA 2011/2011V3 boards there prices are already like 3x or 4x times used/new.

Let it go if you want to consider ETH with RTX 3060

Make sure the motherboard’s BIOS is set to run Gen3 speed on ALL the PCIE slots as well as x8 (minimum). Also make sure whatever CPU you’re using will support the amount of PCIE lanes you’re trying to use. That’s where I’ve found a lot of people are messing up when trying to use more than 1 3060, either their CPU won’t support it or the motherboard’s BIOS isn’t set correctly.

I have 4 3600’s plugged into an old Rampage V Extreme motherboard with a Xeon processor using these PCIE risers https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PK9KRZV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

Works like a champ and does 198Mhs without issue.

Hello @igotek !

I am curious to know how is your 12 x RTX 3060 rig doing right now
Did you place them on a single motherboard or multiple?
What is the actual hashrate for the coin you mine?

Thank you in advance for your response!

Hi, can you try to set pcie to gen2? Will it work? I can buy mb with 5-7 16-8x slots, but they have only gen2.

Hi everyone,
So I have 8 x 3060 rig working now
In case anyone was interested, here is the screenshot from hiveos dashboard

How did you get 46 mhs with a rtx 3060 on hiveos???

He is mining CFX…no ETH :wink:

1 Like

has someone tested a native mining board like this:

Its all 1x slots, so no difference as with the risers.

thx - u r right !

What do u think about retired Server-Mainboards, supporting full laned 16x PCIe to use
for the GPUs - instead of RAID-Controller ?

As if there are 2 to 4 CPU s possible, there should be enough Support to the PCIe - lanes
in case of splitting them.

Hi guys, im pretty new here, The famous hashrate control by nvidia on 3060 is for all OS or only on windows ? if not, how can I bypass it then ? I didnt find the post yet sorry TT

Thanks !

Ey, you can only bypass the limiter on a Windows PC. So with Linux you can’t mine ETH efficient…
see previous reaction of @rickc

hi.
i have a problem. I have an rx 470 and an rx 580 running over hiveos with ethermine. together these have a hashrate of 61 mhs and an average of just under 59 mhs.
then I have a rtx 3060 running on windows with the phoenixminer, also with ethermine. with this card i have a hashrate of 49 mhs. but my average is only around 23.1 mhs. What could be the problem?

would be very happy to help.

OK. are you making more profit with Octopus for 3060 at full hashrate compare to Eth for 3060 at half hashrate?

Yes… Depending on the day and payout 1.2-2X more.

But there looks to be hope to overcome the hashrate limiter. I have had this happen on accident a few times, but can’t seem to fully replicate it. Once I do, I will post.

Guys do somebody knov why my drivers are not detected when i start mining with 3060 in hiveos. I updated them but still have the same problem.

Yes. ~ about $1.20-1.75 more a day.

Here is my setup, i know i can get up to 165-170mh for all 6 cards, so please, somebody tell me what i am doing wrong?
I havent mess with settings, everything is just plug and play…