More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RTX 3080 not working

Hi
I have the same problem. I have added a new rig with 1x 3070 and 2x3080. I did the update several time (now 465), and the cards still do not work. Any ideas?

2 Likes

First of all thank you for your help, I have a MSI 3080 RTX I have tried all your suggestions but the card Bios still not recognised.
I have tried to plug into windows but once again it can see the card but not the Bios.
I have updated as you suggested to NVIDIA 455 driver and still no good. No problems during installation.

I am sure the solution is steering at me in the face but after 10 hours trying I cant find the problem.

Help would be much appreciated

1 Like

I man, I’m having that same issue with an EVGA XC3 Ultra, have you got any solution to solve the problem, I’m making some tweaks but without success too -.-

Hi All,

I’m having a similar issue. I have 10 cards mix of RTX3090 and RTX3080 then I added 1 new card and all of a sudden one of the previously working 3080 FE card gave me the GA102 error. I have total of 3 x 3080 FE on the rig but only 1 gave the error. Changed riser, updated driver but still no luck. Any suggestion greatly appreciated

I’m on my 8th rig and starting to have the same problem as soon as I start installing 3080s. My first 7 rigs were all 3070 and never had any issues in the past. I’m currently testing this setup but still having the same issue. The problem was semi-solved when I tried to reduce the number of GPU. I think the problem is my PSU cannot give enough juice to power 3080 and 3090. I got the same issue when I added a 3060 into my previous rig with 3070 only. Resetting my BIOS helped me with another rig.

I just bought a Corsair HX1000 Platinum 1000w to give it a try. I will also reset my BIOS. I will keep you guys posted!

Hi,

Any luck on getting your 3080 working? Mine maxed out at 10 cards and if I add 1 more then it will give me the GA102 issue on one of the the 3080… I wonder was there a limit on how many 3090/ 3080 on T-Rex or Hiveos?

Hey thanks for your help i did tried the steps you have suggested i tried one on one installing the cards an it was working but as i insterted more cards cards like more then 1 card of the same make an model it again started goin bersek an every thing was messed up it shows the card perfectly but the power usage is very low i am unable to fig out how to handle this situation …

Sharing my OC , the best ones I found till today!

Nice mining everybody!

Did you find out the issue? I am facing something similar with evga 3080

@darkvision How are you pushing 3060’s to 100 MH? Yikes.

the 3060’s are on ERGO, the others on ETH…
For the 3060’s I can only on 460.39 driver get 122 mhs

Hi
i have same problem
repaired this error?

Hey, I’m having the same problem you had. I’m currently running 5 3080s the fifth one shows up as GA102. Did you find a solution if not what did you do?

Helo… i have the same problem with a RTX 3080 TI Zotac. My solution was Flash VBIOS… it work. https://youtu.be/FVMoQlkbQTI
Thanks for all.

Try running 4 and see if that works. So my motherboard has 6 pcie slots but only 5 works so i just kept 5 on it and everything worked.

What’s the driver do you use for 3080? Thanks!

driver nvidia 460.39! o/

I tried a bios update but nbminer doesn’t work, only t-rex miner work

Hi guys! It’s been 2 days as I am trying to fight my msi Z390-A PRO… I am using pcie splitter 1 to 4 in order to connect a grand total of 8 cards (6x 3070s and 2x 3080). I have finally upgraded the bios and changed all the settings in my bios to recognize multiple cards I finally got it to work with 8 cards but after running for like 5 mins the exact same 3080 just errors out and does not want to mine has anyone come across the same siutuation? I cannot find anymore info online … Would really appreciate some insight into how to make this bad boy work on a regular and stable (side note: I start to think the number of PCIE lanes is simply not enough on this one and it cannot handle more than 7 cards, however on other forums people say they make 9 or at least 8 work with no problem) the cpu I am using on this rig is Celeron G4930 (3.2 ghz) and by settings I mean: Latest bios Enable 4g decoding Set to gen1 Disable all sata ports (not being used) Disable fast boot Disable hd audio Set windows WHQL config and boot to EUFI

I though maybe I should move my splitter from x16 pcie slot to 4x since I think pcie x1 slot for 3080 is not enough to transmit info, but it really does not make too much sense since a splitter carrying 3 cards def requires more pcie lines to transmit than just one 3080

I solved problem with forcing gen3 to the 3080…
did not working with gen2 anytime… EVGA 3080 XC Gaming…
also found no other bios on vga power tech…

no problems with 3080ti FE… working great on gen2 and older risers…

forced 1 to 4 PCIE Splitter to Gen 2 for the other cards