More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RTX 3080 LHR does not work on riser but works on MB

Hi,

I’ve a problem with my RTX 3080 LHR, when I use it with riser it does not work, even fans does not turn on bootup but when I plug it on to MB, it works perfectly.

My MB is MSI Tomahawk Max Pluss, and I tried to change PCIE settings from Auto to each one (GEN1, GEN2 and GEN3) but didn’t solve the issue.

I can not continue to use it on MB because it is too big and covering two slots. Could you please help me to understand and solve the issue ?

Best Regards,
Bora

hey, since it is an LHR, MAYBE, you should try to use it on an x16 to x16 riser. hopefully this will make it work.

does the riser work?

Yes, it works with another GPU

I have oher LHR cards which are working on regular riser bu I didn’ try to use x16 one, do you suggest a regular x16 cable ?

yes, a normal x16 to x16 riser, just search it on amazon or anywhere and it will show up

With x16 riser it worked correctly, but yet there still some question exsits, why it didn’t work with x1 risers and how other people making it work with w1 risers ?

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.