More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RTX 2070 Super very very low hashrate

Expected to get 40+ MH from a 2070 super, but i am only getting about 16MH. No matter what OC settings i tried, it stays at this number. it doesn’t show the Watt usage on the website neither. but if I login to the console, it says 800W. so the 130 PL i put doesn’t work at all. I also tried flash the BIOS and switched to a different card slot with different cable. nothing help. any idea?
Card model : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 8GB

This is bios error (flash the correct bios )… Are u buy it as new?
Check it on another pc and see what happend…

I bought an EVGA 2070 Super off Facebook Marketplace with similar issue. Would show 285w power draw at idle, and only mine about 16 MH/s. Even called EVGA support about it. Unfortunately the sticker with the serial number was missing, so they couldn’t RMA it. But the guy agreed with me that it was a hardware issue with the card. I flashed the BIOS with a replacement from TechPowerUP.com (which the EVGA guy also suggested), but didn’t change anything.

So i put it on a PC to test , and the gpu is working fine there. I then inserted it into the motherboard directly instead of using a raiser. it’s now showing 40+ MH ! This is interesting, because i tried with two known working raisers that used by a 2070 and a 3070 GPUs. however, the 2070 super is the only one that has issue. i guess it may not getting enough power from the raiser? Anyway, thanks for all the useful inputs!

Thanks for comment… what type of motherboard u use? memory ? PSU?
This is very usefully info for the forum!!
Thanks

Yea would like to know too :slight_smile: i got the same kind of issue with my 2070

it doesnt detect wattage and it overheat to 79 celcius, but it hash good :stuck_out_tongue:

Post a picture your rig to see your OC settings …
And tell me what miner u use and hiveos version and driver…

Hi Nanial! thanks for the reply

im mining FLUX over Gminer (latest)

hiveos is 0.6-210@211018-2
nvidia N460.91.03

thank you

Core -50 mem at 800
Check this and PM with results…
Always stop miner before and changes in OC…

the hashrate is better, the temp is still high (miner seems to crash after a couple of minutes) and wattage still 1 w which is impossible :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks

Begin with changing your riser in this card…always use 6 pin power connection to risers… Also remove PL value…

in fact this card is directly inserted in the pcie x16 of my mobo. ive plugged 2 vga slot from my psu to this card, seems like a defect or i dont know

Change Psu cables for this card and check consumption… if this does not help maybe its time to put it on the grave… :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:
You have use it for long time?

bought used on ebay :frowning: 1 week usage

Maybe is good idea to clean it and put thermals on it…
Never give up !!!
This is the life of a miner!!!

thank man, really appreciates the help :slight_smile:
i’m waiting for the pads to arrive but will do paste tonight

Still its strange that this card Wattage reading is not coming up, the gtx 1070 ti is my original card with that computer and its read perfectly

feel someone might have played with the card bios?

Maybe is throttling in some how…or someone plays with bios… You can check it after the service…
Hope the best!!!

Hi!
With Evga 2070 super, you can set core 1100 and mem 1800 or 1900, P/L 125. You will get 42.5 - 43mh. Good luck!

Hello, did u resolve your problem with card?

Hi guys

The temp issue was reduced consistently with new thermal paste and pad. But it seems the wattage is not captured.

Still displaying between 0 to 2 watt

But at least it’s not overheating