More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Rig total freeze, requires power reset

thanks Joe, i did right now :slight_smile:
but what’s these command makes? how can i see these logs?

early i send to Matt on telegram, some pics, my rig continues going stuck…
what info/log should i search?
Thank you very much.

hey! Could i ask you some questions about this? I am lost but I have h100 plugs.

Im running 35 machines
And had like 5 machines freeze randomly with no reason
Gin8910’s bios setup worked for me
No more freeze
(We should find out exactly which bios config affect this)

Thanks

2 Likes

What did you change exactly? only OC of the cpu or did you also deactivate Re-size BAR suuport, PSS Support, etc. ?

I set pcie to gen2
Enable 4g decoding
Disable hd audio
Cpu oc expert w/e
Override
Disable c state
Need to plug hdmi dummy when i boot

1 Like

I formatted the ssd and reinstalled hiveos and looks promising. It’s been 2 days without any freeze.

1 Like

Keep us updated. I’m to the point of a fresh install of HiveOS to try and fix my system locking up.

Third day in a row non-stop mining. Looks like the hiveos installation was corrupted somehow. I made a fresh installation on the same ssd and now it works fine. It took me 10 min.

Yes, all BIOS changes shown in the initial screenshot are required.
PSS support is a new wording for the old “AMD cool & quiet”
It was running non stop 21 days thru. Today I had to relocate the rig, so I shut it down and boot it again.
Let’s hope it runs again very well.

Good luck :crossed_fingers:

Hello
My rig sometimes freezes and I have to turn off the power and reconnect it to turn on the rig.

I noticed a strange problem!
When rig is freezed, Linux also gets its basic commands wrong!

I wrote a script that executes the ping command once every minute.
I noticed that when the rig is freezed, the “ping” command gets an error
“ping: command not found”

The “date” command, which displays time and date, also encounters an error when the rig is freezed.
“date: command not found”

Same issue here… on Windows work everything without any issue, so please fix this OS! I tried replace risers and run all carda on stock settings, problema still happen after some hours or days. Tomorrow i Will try update the bios and change settings written up

That definitely sounds like an OS issue.

My hardware:

gpus: 2x3070, 1660 super
cpu: 8 × AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Quad-Core Processor
motherboard: AB350 Pro4 ASRock

I bilieve that the problem happen with amd processor or asrock motherboard, we have the same motherboard

No, I’m sorry, but it 's not like that.
This is the specifications of my rig hardware.
cpu : intel Pentium g4400 3.30Ghz
mobo: biostar tb250 btc+ (pcie * 8)
ram: 8gb ddr4 2666 (downclock to 1866)
gpu: 2rx5700xt xfx 2rtx3070 giga 1*rx5600xt asus

What I did:

• Reflashed HiveOS on my SSD with a fresh install
  • Downgraded GMiner to version 2.54 (that one that I have on my windows system)
  • Updated the bios of motherboard
  • Applied settings provided by @Gin8910

This time work for 2 days and after crash… now i’m trying update OS and driver…please developers fix this shit…

Crashed with last HiveOs version too, After One day. With Windows, all works Great.

Thank you Gin, your Bios settings worked for me. I tried with a b450 with ryzen 1600 and a x470 with ryzen 1400, i always had this error after around 4 hours mining (the time it took to crash was always the same). Altough my bios is completely different the problem was solved, i think that the cpu needs a bit of a overclock with the core and voltage using fixed values.

Can you please share some screenshots it has been really difficult to navigate some of these settings on my AsRock B450 Steel Legend

Please can you provide some screenshot? I tried with my b350 and not work at all…

This is a X470 with a ryzen 1400, it’s been stable for 3 days (I had to restart to take this pics), I have nbminer and teamredminer working at the same time, one for nvidia and the other for amd, so this opens the gui that has the mouse enabled.