More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Rig reboots, sometimes frequently sometimes 2 days OK

So I’m having this problem for weeks now and I don’t understand why.

It happens on one rig caused by 5700 XT cards and on this one with 5600 XT.
BIOS has not been modified yet.

Maybe someone has an idea on what to try.
I do not think the problem is OC related as the rig sometimes works for 2 days and on other days it will reboot hourly.

Why are you hiding your temperatures in the screenshots? Seems pretty sus, bro.

Just missed to take another Screenshot.

There u go

You can find out why the miner is restarting your system by using the HiveOS CLI (SSH, or shell in a box) and doing to the miner log directory

Shell in a box can be reached by clicking the IP in the interface:

Capture

The path is /var/log/miner//.log

The miner you’re using may have a watchdog that restarts the miner when a GPU stops responding…
You can find it by grep for the word “wdog” in the log if you use Phoenixminer

For example, with Phoenixminer, run “tail -1000 /var/log/miner/phoenixminer/phoenixminer.log | grep wdog”

miner:~# tail -1000 /var/log/miner/phoenixminer/phoenixminer.log | grep wdog

It happens with both Phoenix and Teamred.
Says GPU detected dead
But if it would be OC related, I don’t understand why sometimes the rig runs for 2 days without reboots.

I’ll try that tomorrow and see if I can find something out.

It could also be a riser/USB cable/power issue. If lowering clocks and/or raising voltages don’t help, swap the risers and cable to another card and see if the issue moves with the riser, or goes away altogether.

So I swapped all risers on the cards that were detected dead but it still happened.
Started to reduce Mem clocks and increase voltages and apparently it was/is an OC issue.

Stability is increasing a lot. Guess I’m getting there.

Probably have to test each and every card solo for stable settings and then put it back in the rig.

Have you fixed the problem? If so, what have you done to fix it? I have the same problem.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.