More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Rig Goes Offline on HiveOS But Keeps Running Like Its Mining

I have the same problems with my rig it show me lot of off time. I step down to 117, that Version was stable for me. Im use 495 nvidia driver. My Internet is over wire.

1 Like

Let’s make sure we are not confusing the management system and the miner itself. The miner can continue mining, and will even if the Hive API has temporary outage.

My rigs were up and down all day but the the mining was not interrupted, at all.

If you rig reboots on it’s own, captures errors, miner captures restarts, then trouble shoot.

First Check is always and frequently, your pool.

Currently I receive no errors, the rig does not shut down and continues to run, and from the screenshot on my original post it seems its always running. Would you agree?

Having the same issue. Troubleshooted 53 cards for nothing. All 5 rigs are mining at pool, but I can’t see them online on Hive. I hope this gets resolved.

I expirience the same issue since yesterday. I am from more then a year on hive and such issues happen all the time. But this time is very anoing! Such a good soft and such a bed servers. I am going to switch to another more reliable mining OS.

Same issue, rigs disappearing and now also hashrate disappearing from mining pool in a large way. I’ve been on hive for about a year now, haven’t seen this before…

You should try lowering down the OC, specially the NVIDIA card, the temp is to high. Doing That maybe will solve your problem

I am going to post this picture from one of my rigs, then read the rest of the comments. The HIVEON POOL HASHRATE was flatline for most of yesterday, yet the rig was mining fine from what I could see connecting via Putty. Also - the gaps in the ETHASH chart - what do they signify? I see identical gaps in the charts for both rigs, multiple times daily.FLATLINE

Drop outs in the dashboard across multiple rigs, at the same time, indicate the api services had an issue.

Dashboard pool representation is generally solid, but again, a representation helpful for managing many rigs.

Use the actual pool dashboard for more accurate poolside data by entering your wallet here:

I noticed some issue while mining with Phoenix miner on my personal desktop (no issue with Hiveos). When I checkout the screen, the miner still working… So i suspect the mining issue is maybe related with the period of time the miner “mined” for his creator… Maybe a bug preventing it to return mining for us.

I only noticed that since I’m not using the old “not working anymore” Claymore…

So as Hiveos it’s only the OS that proposed you turn key solutions with Other miner on the market… I suspect those other miner been the source of the problem. I daily check the webpage of my mining pool. When a device is consider offline for more than two hours, i reboot the mining applications!

I use my PC for mining during winter only… As I need a heat sources in my home office… That avoid me to start the usual heating source :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Same thing yesterday.

From 8:15PM MST to when I checked it this morning.
I have edited the crontab on both my rigs to reboot at 3AM everyday. At least then, if there is a system problem a reboot should fix it.
ETA: I am using TeamBlackMiner, I switched to TeamRedMiner for a bit to see if that resolved things. I am back using TeamBlackMiner again.

You can see Hashrate and Shares dropped off at the given time last night. The remaining hashrate/shares shown are from my second rig, with a single GPU running Phoenixminer.
I am going to switch to TeamRedMiner to see if that resolves things.

I’m seeing the same thing the past couple days.
Today it been flatline for the last hour but at the same time shows under the GPU readings normal hash-rates.

I cannot tell what is and is not working from a broken HIVEOS interface.

I have downgraded to TBM v1.23 through the Flightsheet, see how that works. One of my GPU’s won’t mine at all with v1.27. If this continues I am gonna switch to TRM, then maybe lolminer. If it continues, straight Ubuntu, no HIVEOS.

My friend, those shares stats are really suspect prior to Nov 20, 2021 20:00pm. I can guess which miner that is, but there are so many things to dig into.

Net: I’d rebuild from scratch with proven baseline, latest stable kernel(which includes drivers) and a wired ethernet link. Those stales, invalids, and general performance swings are costing you rewards.

I’ve had the same issue this past week and I emailed support but I haven’t heard back from them yet. This appears to be a hiveos issue when I run net-test and look at agent status. My local network has no issues at all and I don’t know how to fix the issue.

UPDATE: I have downgraded to v1.23 of TBM, and set my overclocks down a bit (1130 from 1150 on Memory Clock) on my 5 x RX6600XT rig. Bad shares are now close to zero, and my shares to Hiveon Pool seemed to have stabilized.

“Net: I’d rebuild from scratch with proven baseline, latest stable kernel(which includes drivers) and a wired ethernet link. Those stales, invalids, and general performance swings are costing you rewards.”

I have already done all that.

Check this here from another string. Seems like the same thing but i was able to resolve my issues with some much needed cooling and better OC

Reduced memory clock from 1150 to 1130 on all cards, increased VDD from 600 to 650. All seems stable now, and 34+MH on all cards. TBM v1.23