More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Rig AMD and Nvidia black screen after start

I have a rig with 4 6600xt, 1 6800 and an a2000. In the motherboard bios I set IGD as video output, the pci slots are set in gen2, the a2000 however is in the m2 slot that I use as a pcie, at startup I see the check on the monitor, but then when the miner starts working I have black screen and the symbol to move the mouse. Everything works and from the browser I see the tabs working but on the monitor I see nothing. I disabled the GUI item from the settings but doing this I don’t know how to set an OC to the a2000, if I disable GUI the miner on the screen I see it but when it is about to start the whole system restarts. If I unplug the a2000 everything works perfectly. I am new to mining and if anyone could help me out I would be grateful. Thank you

Are you able to run the display from the a2000? Or try moving the a2000 to another slot?

Yes, sure, I can try.The strange thing is that when HiveOs starts I see it on the monitor, I mean when it reads the gpu it reports the drivers etc etc, then when LoLMiner starts the monitor goes black and I only see the indicator as if it were the mouse and I can also move it. Now I try to connect the DisplayPort to the a2000

No, sorry, unfortunately I can’t try to connect the a2000 directly to the monitor because she has a displayport adapter but the monitor is only hdmi. Tomorrow I try to move it and see what happens.

1 Like

Hi, first of all, thank you for your help. I did both the tests you asked for, I connected the monitor to the a2000 but you can’t see anything, then I moved it but also in this case nothing has changed. I am attaching a video of what happens when I start the rig, so maybe you can figure out what I can do and help me out. Thank you https://youtu.be/JY7hv0SBY7Y

Have you tried running the display from the a2000 with gui disabled, wait for it to boot then try enabling?

Also, everything else is working/mining correctly still right!

1 Like

I tried to start the rig without GUI and the miner see it, but with GUI disabled the rig restarts without starting to mine. But I can try again, because if you tell me that GUI I can enable it later and insert the OCs for the a2000 I could try like this. Yes, the rig works perfectly and from a browser or smartphone app I can see everything.

Worth trying. I don’t typically use a display connected to my rigs unless troubleshooting something I can’t do remotely. I know server can do some strange things when you have mixed cards and nvidia in a non primary slot

If I disable GUI I get this and it doesn’t start, when I moved it I didn’t put it in a primary slot (if by primary slot you mean the first 16x pcie) but I put it in a pcie slot where I had a 6600xt, I could try to move it to the first 16x slot. Anyway thanks again for the replies

Detected 1 NVIDIA cards

ERROR: X Server is not running! Some settings will not be applied!

GPU BUS ID : 04
CLOCK : 970
MEM : 3150
PLIMIT :
FAN : 0
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

ERROR: The control display is undefined; please run nvidia-settings --help for usage information.

(exitcode=1)

=== GPU 0, 04:00.0 RTX A2000 5940 MB, PL: 10 W, 70 W, 70 W === 19:06:00
SET POWER LIMIT: 70.0 W
SET GPU CLOCKS: 970 MHz
Max Perf mode: 4
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
ERROR: The control display is undefined; please run nvidia-settings --help for usage information.
(exitcode=100)

Try booting, then turning gui on.

But yeah, you want the nvidia cards in the primary slot (first 16x slot)

1 Like

what is your mobo/cpu specs ?

my B450 with a I5 7600 HIve will disable the internal GPU as its a PICASSO architecture, to prevent IGP from mining. This can be enabled again by editing ETC/ENVIRONMENT and add BUSID_KEEP_APU=1, using MC file manager, another option is to add BUSID_KEEP_APU=1 to the OPTIONS section of youyr HIVE CONFIG file, but this will be reset next time PC shutdown. Best way is to make a USB with HIVE on it and edit it on another computer then boot your problem PC with that.

I gave the CONFIG option as using MC file manager can be a bit tricky and is all keystrokes make sure you use function keys for the options in MC

Thanks so much for your reply, I have a z490 and a g6400. Unfortunately I don’t understand your steps because I’m completely ignorant about Hive os, in the end I don’t look at the monitor anymore but I do everything from browser or app, I gave up :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.