More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Remote IP showing as incorrect

My remote IP address in Hive is showing as not my personal IP. This is the outside address not my local IP. The remote IP address my router shows is not the same as Hive shows. Should I be alarmed? Should this be the IP address my router assigns from my internet company (ISP)? I am not using a VPN. This IP address shows up as a datacenter on the other side of the country from where I live. Going to something like https://whatismyipaddress.com/ does not match up with what Hive shows. Nothing else is wrong with Hive I have been hashing fine for many days. I can check my server status with another PC and my cell phone. I’ve powered off hive and rebooted more than once and it still shows the incorrect address. I am using ethernet wire not wireless.

I am running a different mining software on a different windows PC and it shows my remote IP as correct.

the remote IP isnt your IP, its one of the ones for your ISP. which could be located somewhere else than where you are.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.