More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Ravencoin (KawPow) on Vega 56/Vega64

Hello,

I started to mine RVN on my Vega 56`s (5x Hynix and one Samsung) some days ago.

First used the teamredminer tune guide for KawPow algorithm, as you can see in the screen, but at least one GPU is overheating >72°C Core.
Yes I know KawPow is a little more intensive for power usage, than ETH for e.g. on this cards.

Intensity on all cards is B896.

Anyone has already experience with RVN mining on Vegas, maybe some OC settings or straps?

Short background to my miner:

• miner is located inside an container of miner hosting company
  • mining case (no open frame rig)
  • 6 x 12V fans, 303m³/h, have been replaced in July
  • One GPU is already down, the Samsung memory type, It has been replaced in the beginning of this year, before it was a Vega56 Hynix, but after malfunction I got the Samsung one as an replacement from ASRock, wondering why it is already down now.

I tried first time yesterday, but only for few minutes. Will let it run for a day today or tomorrow for testing. These are my settings so far.

Tewaks:
GPU0:
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 14 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65535 --RFC 249 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 14 --RCDWR 12
GPU1:
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 14 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65535 --RFC 249 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12
GPU2:
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 12 --WR 13 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65000 --RFC 249 --RTP 5 --RRDL 5 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

I am using teamreadminer.

EDIT: I have one ASROCK 5700 XT in another rig, ASROCK appears to have very bad cooling. I would suggest to extra cool those cards with a normal big fan (Takes like 60watts). Your memory temp is pretty high for VEGA56 which could lead to problems. Like this one:

Ok, thanks for replying.

I`ll try your tweaks next time. (I see you have only Samsung HBM2)

I`ve noticed that my miner is offline again, before I switched to mining ETH again, just for testing and interest reasons, looked good so far nearly at 100 W each card and 51 MH, was working stable for some days, I just restarted manually each day, because I was afraid, that miner gets “frozen”. But now it happened when I let the miner working without restart, for one day.

You might be right that ASROCK has a bad cooling, fans are running at 100% (what I usually not appreciate) for remember, in the mining case I replaced the usual 12V 0.5A for 12V 2A, each one of them has nearly 303m³/h now, this and the fact, that fans are at full speed should usually be enough to get them cooled down, or at least hold temps stable!

I`m in contact with the provider of mining hosting, container is far away from me, also I can not place those fans by myself, but already seen them in the mining container, so yes, that might be a good idea…

Tips ma bro powercolor looks awful but if you look closely their parts are quality. Bearings to chips.

I have to note that RVN mining appears to do more stress on the GPU. I had to lower GPU MHZ to 900 on my GPU2 as I was getting to high temps as well - which has the badest cooling of my 3 VEGAs.

When I am mining ETH, GPU2 can easily handle 1000 MHZ.

For now I am back to ETH mining, but can easily switch to RVN if necessary - who knows how long we can still mine ETH :wink:

1 Like

Thx for replying.

Sry that I answer back so late, but the miner hoster aborted the contract, so my miner was out of work for 3 months now, cannot describe how bad I felt about it.

But now it seems, that I finally found a new hoster and I hope that my miner will go online in Decembre, so we will see, I`ve switched back to ETH already, but as you I think if it is necessary I can change to the RVN mining immediately.
:smile:

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.