More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Radeon VII

Hi there,
I have a problem with my Radeon VII cards, but it doesn’t recognize the memory and can’t mine with it, does anyone know what kind of problem that is?

Try the top one by itself and see if it works, the bottom one looks like it has either a bios issue, or possibly a hardware issue.

105 is an older BIOS and Fans are not showing up. As Keaton suggested, Hardware to include riser system if you are using one.

If they are air cooled, I’d back off to 1600 core clock until you get it figured out. Voltage looks high while tuning as well.

Both memory types in here, same clocks, with appropriate memory tweaks of course:

I have installed new risers but the system sees the card but not minin tud it, how can I change the BIOS or what could be the problem.

Try one card at a time by itself directly on the mother board

You have (2) lines in there with temp, fan, power all zero’s. One of them maybe/hopefullly CPU?

Suspect the other is your troublesome VII, maybe both.

How is it/are they identified now vs. your first picture posted where it clearly has issues?

as soon as I connect this card to the miner, the miner does not start and remains idle, if I connect another card there or remove it, it runs normally

Not surprised, PCI address 12:00.0 was not being detected properly in either of your posted pictures which supports the symptoms you are experiencing.

fwiw: 00:02.0 is your CPU and is not likely an issue.

You shared the following:

What appears different from this prior post?

I have now connected this card to my Windows PC and here I get (Code 43), if I do BIOS from Techpowerup flash it tells me it is already installed. is this card defective? fans are running, I also have light,

In my experience with VIIs, Code 43 with valid drivers, in a functioning 16x slot, properly powered, is a dead GPU.

It does look like you have an Nvidia 3090 in there, I prefer my testing solo, single brand, and clean drivers…but all the data provided to date does not sound good.

fwiw: I have a dead one that you can flash, and it appears normal in all ways, other than it won’t function with video out, mine, etc.

VII is plugged in via PCI riser, if I connect it without the 3090, the PC won’t start, and with Tech GPU I don’t see any memory on my card. if you have a BIOS to test I would be happy about it.

i need it for mining and not to work :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.