More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Radeon RX 580 PowerColor RedDevil< Need help< 4 Cards in rig< 1 card much lower MH

GPU’S 1 2 &3 all have great MH and have Micron Mts as you can see in screen shot. But GPU 0 has SKHynix & a very poor MH… Could someone please tell me how to convert this card from SK Hynix to Micron MTS… I have a linux sys
Im pretty sure this is the problem I’m very new to mining any comments are appreciated!!!
Thanks Rob

Dude first of all you cant convert memory types from one to another. its like converting BMW into Mercedes or Toyota. doesnt work like that. Then again i see your cards are not permorming quite well. I mean you have good MH/s but temps and watts are high.
These cards should be around 80+ watts consumption. remove this DPM state that you ahve put and the VDD needs to be around 850 for your core clock setting.
Amdmemtweak --REF 20 also.
try this and let me know what happens.

Thank you so much for replying. I just set up this rig I’m new to mining. I did what you said. GPU number three I did the overclocking on with your parameters. My hash rate went down to 22.98 but my power is down to 95 which is much better. Also did the ref 20.
Are these settings acceptable??? Or would you go for the higher hash rate and pay more for electric I did hook up a 240 V line if that makes much of a difference. I hope these questions don’t sound too stupid LOL I’m very new to this and have been studying every day watching tons of videos trying to learn as fast as possible! Thanks Rob image|666x500

look . core clock is ok 1150.
remove the DPM where you wrote 7.
also VDD is the core voltage it needs to be around 850 because core clock depends on core voltage so set it 850 for now. set memory to 2200 for now to see how the cards will react. Also there is a Aggressive undervolting option there, activate it. you will need to change the --REF to 30.

Is this correct

Man awesome!! MH almost 31 MH that’s great and around 103w

on bottom 3 can’t figure why the top card is running so bad

Try the first one with 1130 core 831 core voltage memory clock 800 and memory clock 2100

I tried the settings you sent me for the bad card the MH went down to 16.50MH … reset back to the first settings you suggested and back up to 20.23MH…. Do you think I should try to flash bios??? Crashed rig yesterday up all night and finally back up and running… I am definitely learning the hard way , but staying positive. Thanks Robert

put also VDDCI 800 for all cards and aggressive OC to ON to reduce a bit teh power used.
for this card you can try flashing it. download its bios and mod it with polaris bios editor . its just one click and you mod it save it and flash the bios. then you see where it goes with the settings.
you cards should be going around 80+ watts power.

Ok I don’t know what the VDDCI is. Can you elaborate

The next setting after vdd. Memory controller voltage.

would you know anything about APTIO setup utility I received new MOBO BTC S37 and can’t get past setup utility, am I doing something wrong???Or can you point me in the right direction

Dont know about it. Check in internet how it works

Im just reading this, I was having the same problem, I wanted to say thanks you helped me alot as well!

Im just reading this, changed cor voltage from 900 to 850 and saved alot of power
thanks @rkulov

Hey everyone this is what my OC settings are for the Powercolor Red Devil. It is not bios modded.

Powercolor Red Devil:

Memory Type:
Samsung K4G80325FB · 113-C9403100_101

29.25 mh

Power: 87w

Temperature: 49°

Fan Speed: 70

Core: 1200

DPM: 1

VDD: 840

Memory: 2200

MDPM: 1

Memory Tweak: - - REF 30

I would like to get it to 31mh but I’ve maxed out the oc and have tried to bios mod it but the mod didn’t work :man_shrugging:t2:

and amdmemtweak -REF 30

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.