More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Radeon Rx 580 can't Overclock

Hi, i’m mining with three Radeon Rx 580 8 GB SK Hynix, i tried to overclock one of them with this values:
Core clock: 1150 MHz
Core State: 1
Memory clock: 2150
But after some minutes i get a lot of “Invalid Shares”.
This is a minium Overclock.
This means that i can’t do overclock on my GPU?

First… save vbios… than edit vbios and give it back to your card. You’ll find a program after searching for it, witch is doing the job for you automaticly. my oc for 580 with samsung vram

My GPU has a switcher to set the mining bios, i don’t want to flash another bios because in my experience is dangerous for the GPU.
There aren’t other solutions except changing the Bios?

That’s why you are saving the original bios. If you want to pay your card, you can flash it back.

Just to be clear. Nvidia is about OC. AMD is about bios. You’ll need to do it, to get better stats.

Sorry but i will not flash the bios, if this is the only solution i will continue with 29 Mh/s

It is not just about the mh/s. It is also about the Watts per mh/s and temperatures of the memory.

You can leave it like this and start mining but the card would be much cooler with bios optimations. You want to beware of risk’s, but you decline to set your cards to a healthier state. All of my cards are working at 65°C. I guess the 580 would be around 80°C without modding the bios.

If you just read some articles about it and watch one or another youtube video, you would see that there is no risk in editing the bios. You can save the bios to your computer and give it back to the card. You got a switch for a second bios… There are walkarounds for settings cards back to original status if something goes wrong. You just have to download your bios from your card.

Do what you prefer. =)

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.