More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

PWM CHA fan control thru Hive OS

Hello,
Is there any possibility to control fans connected to CHA fan 4 pin on mobo ?
Or better to connect fans to Nvidia central gpu 3 pin on on card to have controller over them?

Did that on a Asus TUF H470 Pro.

1 Like

I got b250 mining expert mobo. May I ask for little more step by step? I am Linux beginner. Best would be to execute ie 70% at winter time and 100% at summer. Rig is in open frame (made by me) therefore propably sensor shows 20-25 degrees wouldn’t be this a problem?

I got deepcool 10 fan adapter witch have 1 pwm 4 pin intput witch I want to connect to cha fan output in mobo and Sata input for power all 10 fans. To be honest I do not see sensor tab on hiveos ? Where can I get it ?

For the thread I linked you need a shell / terminal / console to the system and little experience with linux. With shell scripts you can realize the 70% during winter and 100% fan speed during summer time.

Would be nice by HiveOS to integrate into the GUI.

3 Likes

Ok and it will be persistent or I have to set it every reboot (I got power cyclo switched on)?
Pwm value is 0-255 where 0 is 0% and 255% is 100%?

Exactly - while 255 is 100% fan speed - you have to check how low you can go with your fans. Mine stop below the value of 100.

For power cycles or reboots I have a script in my root folder.

It is called “fans_50_percent.sh” (beside other scripts for other speeds) and looks like

#!/usr/bin/env bash

echo 1 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1_enable
echo 1 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm3_enable
echo 1 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm4_enable

echo 125 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1
echo 125 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm3
echo 125 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm4

In the root folder there is a file called xinit.user.sh which is automatically run after a boot.
I added the line /home/user/fans_50_percent.sh to set my fan speeds on reboot.

4 Likes

Shell in box will do?

SSH is your friend.

1 Like

Little ot : how to check total up time?

Will this work better than the Hive Shell?

I’m a little stuck on where to execute sensors.

Thank in advance.

Hello G11. First of all I thank you for your help and your precious advice. I can drive the CHA_FAN1 and CHA_FAN2 from my H110 pro btc motherboard. I had to do a sensor detect to do this and then I used pwmconfig. After booting I can use the command lines from your fan.sh file. However, despite having created a file with the command lines suitable for my fan sensors, I am unable to launch them automatically when hiveos starts up. An idea ? Can I put the command lines directly in the xinit.user.sh?

Hoping for some advice

Trying to control PWM fans connected to mboard using above steps.

All good up to this point

when I do
echo 1 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1_enable
or
echo 125 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1

I get permission denied
even as root “sudo -s”

how do i set these ?
Thanks

tnx for that

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.