More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Problem with the motherboard: works fine with 2 GPUs but won't boot with 3

My build:

• Motherboard: H110 Pro BTC+ ASRock
  • CPU: Intel Celeron G3930 @ 2.90GHz
  • GPUs: 2x6600 XT and 6700 XT

The problem is the following: the system won’t boot with more than 2 GPUs, whichever is the 3rd one it simply gives me the black screen with ASRock written on it.
I tried enabling and disabling the CSM, I tried all PCIs on 1st gen, on 2nd gen - nothing; also tried swapping the slots, putting them in order - nothing. The moment I unplug one of the cards it boots and starts mining.

*This motherboard has NOT the option 4G

~~Thanks in advance

Hi,
What cards you have ?

Might need a bios flash. If all else fails then you need replace.

I tried getting the battery out and then give it power with one card on board and worked fine. Didn’t try this procedure with all cards on board - gonna try it. If it doesn’t work I’ll try to update the BIOS - mine is version 1.50 and the latest is, if I remember correctly, 1.60.
Thanks ~

Ops didn’t mention it: AMD Saphhires

Boys boys boys - it was the BIOS update! As soon as I updated it from 1.50 to 1.60 I booted it on my windows just to check and now it’s mining on the HiveOS!
Thanks boys, for the time spared and the support - happy new year!

*NOTE: to update the BIOS I downloaded the 1.60 version from the Official site of Asrock (the flash one, there are windows and dos versions) put it on a USB and flashed it.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.