More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Problem with GeForce RTX 3080, 10018 MB

We have a problem with this rig, I’m sending an error in the screen that the rig is reporting to us. This error occurs regularly usually after 3 to 4 days of operation.

GeForce RTX 3080 10018 MB · Palit, Micron GDDR6X · 94.02.42.00.8F · PL 100 W, 320 W, 350 W

switch to locked core clocks first, that should improve some stability. is everything else updated? bios/hive image/hive version?

Could you advise me how to do it or show a screen? Yes everything is updated. @keaton_hiveon

You’re on a slightly older image, you can either download the latest stable and reflash your drive with that, or in shell use hive-replace -s To flash it from the rig itself (easiest way)

Bios looks pretty recent, but worth check in gif there’s any updates on your manufacturers support site.

To use locked core clocks all you have to do is erase your -200 and replace with a value above 500. If your cards are lhr typically 1500mhz is a good starting point, if they’re not lhr the goal is to find the lowest core clock that maintains maximum hashrate. That could be anywhere between 900 and 1500mhz.

I used the above command. I have nowhere to find a new bios. Can you send the link please?
I am sending the current configuration screen below. Than you for your advices.

1 Like

If you up the core another 20 mhz or so you should get a small bump in hash. But clocks look great there.

What brand/model specifically is your motherboard?

The motherboard is visible on the screen, but it is B75 INTEL (4.6.5 04.02.2021). I increased the core by 20MHz. It is good?

B75 intel is neither the brand or model, simply the name of the chipset, which is used on many boards. That’s equivalent to saying x570 amd, doesn’t really provide any specific info.

And looks good. 100mh is what I typically aim for for non lhr 3080s so you’re right on target.

I’m not in the office today, I’ll take a look at a specific type of base plate tomorrow morning, okay? Thank you very much for the advice. Could I turn to you again, we drive quite a few machines?

No rush, but yeah feel free to message me or just make another post, I typically check the forum often.

I recommend using a fixed core clock in between 1200-1400, more efficient than -200

For lhr that’s where you want to be, but non lhr there’s no need for more than 1100mhz

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.