More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Problem Adding 5th GPU on ASUS Z390-A Pro

Hello, I am having trouble adding a 5th GPU to my setup. It’s stable with 4, but when I add that 5th one it won’t connect to HiveOS.

I am using a 120 GB SATA SSD Drive flashed with HiveOS. 8 GB RAM.

So far I have tried:

Disconnecting all risers and the SSD and booting right into BIOS, which MSI Click 5. I went to advanced settings and set the 4G Encoding and set the PCIE to Gen 2. Plugged everything back in with the 5th GPU and it still did not work. I tried putting the GPU riser in different slots with still no success.

Next I disconnected the risers and SSD again and in the BIOS went to Windows 10 configuration and set it to boot EUFI changing it from CSM (I read on another thread something about trying this), but when I did that it wouldn’t boot at all and the light on the motherboard indicated a booting error.

I also tried changing the Bus Speed to 64.

I next downloaded Rufus to try to flash with the EUFI setting (I also read about this on that other thread) but that went nowhere because I guess Rufus is only for USB boot sticks and not SSD drives. I went back to Etcher to try to re-flash the SSD drive but did not see a setting anywhere for EUFI.

I am now at a dead end. My next step is going to be to buy another motherboard and just setup a new 4 GPU rig but would prefer not to do that.