More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 Hynix issues / low hash

Hi there,

yesterday I installed the 8th and last GPU on my rig, it’s a PowerColor Red Devil RX 580 8GB with Hynix memory.
I made no changes to the BIOS and also the BIOS switch is in its default position. You can see my overclock settings below. Memtweak is set to --30.
I am sticking between 6-9 MH :frowning:

Can somebody please help me or should I get another GPU instead of the Red Devil?

I’d say that 870/0/850 in particular the 850, which should be the memory controller voltage right? It should run much higher, I used to not set that value, down below my OC (my 580 is bios modded)

Test the card individually first, remove voltages and only set those to fine tune power useable after you get it hashing correctly

I have some good news :slight_smile:

I removed everything and get the card stock running. Then: backed up the original BIOS, opened it up on PolarisBiosEditor, did the one-click-patch, confirmed everything with ok, flashed it back via force flash and there you go :slight_smile:

Note: Cooling fan in the room not running. It is triggered by the 75°C temperature and then pushes the heat out of it until the Gigabytes go down to 62-65°C.

I also did the same thing with the RX570 (first line). Before, it was just hashing with 26,5 MH. And now, its over 30 :slight_smile:
I think there is a bit room for voltage tweaking - I want a efficient system, not just the raw power regardless of consumption.

1 Like

Remember to use in the correct way the eth_config parameter into the teamredminer extras, in this way you can lower you power consumption very well with no touching hashrate, or even increasing it

Hi, thanks for the hint. I’ve tried to put in --eth_config=B but actually no major changes in the power consumption at the wall when looking into to the LEDvance app. But there was a little change in the hashrate. I increased by about 7-9 MH which is very nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.