More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Possible to set longer timeout for Hive Shell?

I’d like to basically keep Hive Shell running indefinitely, or until I close it so I can monitor what the miner is doing as I have no monitor on my rig.

Is it possible to set it to not timeout or is there some other way to view the miner remotely ?

Are you on the same local network? If so you can use shellinabox

I think I am using shellinabox… I just click on the link under remote access for “hive Shell”

My biggest problem here is that I can’t figure out how to access the logs to see wtf card keeps crashing.

I’ve had it running for almost 12 hours without a crash and then it goes down, and now has been crashing like every hour or so and I’ve even turned the OC settings down more. These are settings that should be stable but without the logs I can’t figure out wtf is going on.

Click the one called ‘shellinabox’ instead

I don’t know what the login information is lol

if you changed it from the default just spend the 15 minutes it takes to flash a new drive

I didn’t change it from default that I know of…but I don’t even know what the default is.

user/1

so shellinabox keeps timing out too. Not sure what the solution here is because I want that window open 24/7 without timing out.

Shellinabox shouldn’t time out, it’s likely your rig is crashing and closing the connection instead. I can run shellinabox for days at a time

yeah I think you’re right. I’m having a hell of a time with one of my cards…at least I think I know which one it is.
I can apply the linux version of the same overclock settings that I use in windows and the card will crash completely randomly in Linux.
It might run for an hour and then drop out, or run for 12 hours and then drop out, whereas on Windows I can get 3 days out of it before crashing.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.