More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

PCIE 1 to 4 Extension not working

Evening all!

Motherboard
ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. (2403 10/27/2021)

CPU
8 × Intel(R) Core™ i3-10100F CPU @ 3.60GHz AES

I am trying to add a 1 to 4 PCIE expansion to this rig for additional GPU slots, However it isnt displaying or powering any GPU from the PCIE express slot 1.

I have changed the MB bios to gen1 for the pcie express but still nothing, could anyone possibily help me out?

Famous for DOA or having some ports not working.

If you have disabled all the motherboard resources which are not being used, like WiFi, NVMe slots, etc., you may have run out of resources or have a bad 1/4 adapter.

Note: You made a comment on powering any GPU…You will still need to provide power to the GPU directly from a power supply and a riser directly from a power supply.

1 Like

Thanks for a reply!
Please note i only changed the pcie express settings to gen1 as i saw this on a youtube video.
Do i need to disable all other resources for this to work?

EDIT: I stupidly wrote any GPU yet i have a 2gb r9 i use just to get things going and im yet to try other gpus, i have plenty of others like 3060, vega 56, rx 6700, 580s and so on. Should i try these other gpus?

I believe the R9 was dropped in modern drivers :frowning:

A 3060, 6700, or 580 is likely a better test platform.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.