More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Overclocking issues with MSI Ventus 3x RTX 3090

Just FYI max performance for my ventus is around 118-119mh at 295w I can’t get it over this no matter what, it restricts itself by lowering the cclk typically. Temps are 53° core and 86° vram, i have also re-padded this card with decent thermals to get these numbers.

Did you try another 3090 bios?

Hi all! Same thing here with 3090 ventus. Have anyone changed or tried changing the bios? If so and if it worked, could you please explained us how to change the bios?

increase your mem clocks to get higher hashrates. make sure to use locked core clocks on all, 1140mhz is enough to get full hashrate.

Hi @keaton_hiveon! Thanks a lot for your reply.

However, I am having the same issues as the original post of @kafeend. Even increasing mem and using locked core I am not getting better performace. Indeed this OC is the best performing I am getting from this two cards.

I have already changed the thermal pads and even tried these cards on another rig.

That´s why I was wondering if it a bios issue.

are they throttling? if so what does it say?

Hi mate! thanks a lot for your answer. I am a rookie on this.

What do you mean with throtting? I am not native in english and I may be confusing the meaning.

How do I get what it says?

Best and thanks again.

run nvtool --throttle in the run command box in the menu. post the output here

Hi mate! Thanks a lot. I think we may have found something here.

Take a look. Thanks!

HiveOS Nvtool 1.6.1+20220408153653
DEVICE #0:
THROTTLE: None
DEVICE #1:
THROTTLE: PowerLimit
DEVICE #2:
THROTTLE: None
DEVICE #3:
THROTTLE: PowerLimit

try setting you power limit to 350, some bios are weird and need the max power limit set to not throttle, comon on some msi cards.

and you set your core clocks to 1140mhz right?

Hi @keaton_hiveon again thanks.

Seems not to be working. Indeed hashrate is going down (from 114 to 113)

I will try a more aggresive mem clock.

mmm not working. A friend suggested me to change the bios. What do you think?

You can try another bios if you’d like to. Msi limits theirs artificially sometimes.

Always min/max core/mem clocks first though. Find the highest stable mem clock and lowest locked core that maintains full hash.

Hi! Good afternoon/morning!

I have been trying differents OC during the weekend seeking min/max core/mes clocks but I have not had differents results.

What I have noticed is that hashrates do change when temperature goes down. Do you think I could solve this issue by changing the thermal pads (I have ordered some from Ali Express and should be arriving in one month).

Please take a look to the picture. Hash rates go up at night (more/less I have 15-18° celcius inside the room)

Thanks a lot again for the support!

Hello!
I have the same GPUs and I have the same problem.
From the information I was able to find out, it is simply because the quality of the GPUs is one of the lowest.
I have new heating pads and the problem persists.
I figure my only option would be to try a new bios, but I don’t know if it’s worth the risk.

Greetings!

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.