More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Only 3 GPU’s working

Hi all, I am new here. I was wondering if someone could help with their knowledge. I have built a rig using a MSI B450 Gaming Max Plus MB. I am running x2 6800xt’s and 1 6700xt hellhound. These 3 cards are plugged in using pcie riser cards into slots 1 2 and 3 and are running with no issues. When I add a 4th card (Gigabyte 6700xt) the hellhound stops Mining or the gigabyte 6700xt just does not start mining, but I can see the card in Hiveos. It just sits at about 25w. I have tried numerous things in the bios ie 4g coding enabled and gen2 etc but just cannot get all 4 cards running in sync. The card did run once when I first installed but as soon as I added any overclocks it just messes the rest of the rig up. Please guys I have been trying to sort this for over 2 weeks now and it’s driving me mad.

Hi,
What PSU u have to run this cards?

I am running a HP 1200w psu with breakout board for the risers and GPU’s and a P750M for the mb etc

What miner do you use?
Did you try the 6700 without MEM oc?
I have a similar issue, as soon I put in any values in the MEM oc my 6700xt’s dies.
My first 6700xt works fine but the other two not.

Using NBmimer, the 3 cards run sweet x2 6800xt and 1 6700xt, but as soon as I add the 4th 6700xt the rig goes low has rates or the cards stop mining. I think it may be a motherboard issue but I just cannot work out what. If I leave the overclocks blank on the 4th card it somestimes works but then the temps go up.

Did you try teamredminer?

Right guys I have managed to keep the rig stable now for over 12 hours. What I did to get it working:
My motherboard was on the newest Beta Bios, so I went with an older stable version (7B86vHB) using the m flash.
Changed my miner to teamredminer.
Changed minimal overclocks on the 4th card as it is a very difficult card to overclock and can crash quite easily.
I am very happy with what I am getting.
Thanks for your suggestions.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.