More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

One out of 4 RTX 3080 giving low hashrate

I have a mining rig with Motherboard Asus Prime Z490-P and 4 Zotac RTX 3080 GPU. I have 2 PSU 850 80+ Gold, 2 GPU on each PSU. 3 of them give 95 to 97 MH/s, however, one of the GPU always gives 85 to 86 MH/s. What could be the problem?
My Overclock setting is Fan 75, Core -200, Memory 2000, PL 230 for all GPU.

Hi naushad786,

Is the gpu in question surrounded by gpu’s?
if so try pointing a fan at it. and if that works try to do a thermal pad swap.

4 GPU just purchased yesterday, it’s brand new if the problem with the thermal pad then it should happen on all GPU’s however, only one is having the issue.

It isn’t that the thermal pads are worn but that some vendors don’t use thick enough or good enough quality pads. And that’s from what the most common problems are. If that isn’t the problem it could be the overclock so what you could try is decreasing the mem frequency by 50 and see if it improves or scales down with the overclock. if it scales down then set it 2000 and then you could try increasing.
If nothing helped then I can’t help you further.

Something that came out recently is absolute core clock. try instead of core offset absolute core so for a 3080 1010-1050. This is a tip for all of your cards so some see a difference of 20-30W less drawn from the psu. this is the box where core clock offset is typed in but with a value of 500 or more it detects and changes.

I have a Problem Like yours
I got 94.3 Mhs but i know in this cards we can give 100 Mhs
my oc is
MC:1300
CC:1050
Pl: 230

when i go more than 1300 MC, whole system will crash and rebooted i got 97 Mhs but not stable and crashes. I don’t have any thermal issues, i test all in windows , just blue screen in windows and TDR FAILURE error, but in 1300 mc all is good and stable
GPU temp is 40-44 and Junction Temp is 80-86
some one told me you must Flash Your Bios,have any one this issue?

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.