More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

One 3080 shows too low energy consumption

Hello everyone. The energy consumption of one 3080 is very low. Is my card thermal throttling despite the correct hashrate? The concerned card is plugged in directly in the mainboard. PSU is a 1200w. My rig runs outdoor at low temperatures. When I lower the Memclock, the watt consumption goes even lower! Or is it just a bug or false reported value? When I set the overclock to zero, it immediately jumps back to 294w. As soon as I lock the core at 1440, the value goes down to 152w. Then I increase memory clock in steps, but the wattage stays between 161-178w.
Thank you for your advice and greetings from Switzerland.

The software only reports what the card tells it to, for accurate power draw you need to use some sort of meter to check.

A power meter would be the best, I think. This would ease my feeling, something is wrong with the card. Thank you!

Check your poolside hashrate. As long as it’s where it should be, and card is still hashing there’s not much to worry about.

Yes, pool shows the correct hashrate​:+1::+1:

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.